GGGrrr...directv.....GGGrrr

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use the pay for view movies thru my directv.

THEY WENT UP.

Yup it was $3.99 to rent a movie. Last night I watched Hancock with Will Smith cause Tony was bored and wanted to rent one.

When I did....the price was $4.99.

MAN OH MAN OH MAN it just burned my furry little butt ya know.
I told Tony no more. Limit was 3 maybe 4 movies per month if something decent was on.

I told Tony that our limit now is ONLY 2 movies per month. No more. I refuse to be sucked in dollar by dollar into this hole!!

just spouting off cause I can cause it just hit me wrong....every where you turn.....I know it had to happen but GGGrrr....

Browser8

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I use the pay for view movies thru my directv.

THEY WENT UP.

Yup it was $3.99 to rent a movie. Last night I watched Hancock with Will Smith cause Tony was bored and wanted to rent one.

When I did....the price was $4.99.

MAN OH MAN OH MAN it just burned my furry little butt ya know.
I told Tony no more. Limit was 3 maybe 4 movies per month if something decent was on.

I told Tony that our limit now is ONLY 2 movies per month. No more. I refuse to be sucked in dollar by dollar into this hole!!

just spouting off cause I can cause it just hit me wrong....every where you turn.....I know it had to happen but GGGrrr....
Is there a redbox nearby? We really like those... they are usually at McDonalds or WalMarts..

$1 per movie per night.

They are good for trips too if you have a DVD player in the vehicle like we do... I can rent one in Arkansas and let the kids watch it on the road and return it to a redbox in Texas.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Directv is just getting a bad rap this week!!!!!

Have you considered Netfix? I have heard that lot of people like it.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pam I checked into netflix. It was expensive cause I would have to grade up to the next movie package...the first one like $5.99 per month is for like 3 movies only or something like that....and it seemed aggrevating to me for some reason.......HMM...maybe it is a deal now!!!!! I will look into that one again now.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey browser

I never heard of a redbox?
I don't hit McDs much but I hit Walmart and never noticed if that was there? Is it a little store to rent movies up front or something?
I can google it and check it out for curiousity.
$1 per movie is a good deal.

you know I think my little maiden movie rental had a sign out that said buy 1 get 2 free on mondays or something. Maybe time to check them out again also????

I don't know, just sick of being dollared to death lately...LOL-LOL

Browser8

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
hey browser

I never heard of a redbox?
I don't hit McDs much but I hit Walmart and never noticed if that was there? Is it a little store to rent movies up front or something?
I can google it and check it out for curiousity.
$1 per movie is a good deal.

you know I think my little maiden movie rental had a sign out that said buy 1 get 2 free on mondays or something. Maybe time to check them out again also????

I don't know, just sick of being dollared to death lately...LOL-LOL
Go to http://www.redbox.com and click on Find A Redbox and then enter your zip code and mile radius.

It will tell you if there are any around you.

Also... I have used Netflix before and I found it to be a great deal.

As soon as you watch the movie get it back in the mail and keep your queue full and there will always be movies coming to your house all month long.

If 3 per month is plenty ... then $5.99 is cool too.

Browser8

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Is it a little store to rent movies up front or something?
No... it is a red kiosk (Vending machine) that you swipe a credit card on and it spits out your video

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
The machine looks kind of like an oversized pop machine that is red and instead of pop choices it shows the cover of the movies. Our local Walgreens has one.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the redbox thing is neat
mine are kinda far from me...closest is a grocery store in Lincolnton. No far, not close but I do travel that way. I got a free redbox DVD coming.......they said they will email me a redbox code to get a movie.

I will try it definitely.

hey, $1 vs. $5.14. Yup, that $4.99 with tax becomes $5.14....and that is a big dollar difference.

thanks alot.

Browser8

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
the redbox thing is neat
mine are kinda far from me...closest is a grocery store in Lincolnton. No far, not close but I do travel that way. I got a free redbox DVD coming.......they said they will email me a redbox code to get a movie.

I will try it definitely.

hey, $1 vs. $5.14. Yup, that $4.99 with tax becomes $5.14....and that is a big dollar difference.

thanks alot.
You can even shop the kiosk from home and you will see what is available and what is not.

You can reserve the movie before you leave the house so you can make sure that it will be there when you get there.

Just be sure and take the same credit card with you that you used online.

As a matter of fact I am fixing to reserve a few movies and head there now.

The nearest one to me is almost 20 miles... but we go there anyway quite often.