Gingerbread Cookies!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So what do you do on a -10 out, blowing a gail, snowing like mad, country Sunday? WELL YOU BAKE GINGERBREAD COOKIES OF COURSE!

outside.jpg

flour.jpg

notcooked.jpg

donecookies.jpg

The recipe should make about 2 dozen, but we made a bunch of men, plus some stars, and doggy bone shaped ones, we would have had 2 dozen but Nacho managed to steal two whole men uncooked from the pan, naughty Labradoodle!

Ingredients

2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used Robinhood All-purpose)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of molasses (I used Fancy Molasses)
1 egg
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Step 1:
In a large bowl (with mixer at slow speed if you're using a mixer, we didn't), beat flour, sugar, butter, molasses, egg, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Step 2:
Preheat your oven to 350F/177C. On a lightly floured surface, working with half of the dough at a time, roll 1/8 inch thick. With floured cookie cutters, cut dough into shapes. Place the cookies 1/2 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet (I used PAM on mine :)). Reroll trimmings and continue to cute shapes. Bake 8 minutes, or until very lightly browned. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm coming to your house. Those cookies look so good. go great with hot chocolate, cup of coffee or nice glass of milk.
Thanks for posting the recipe. They look yummy. Will have to make some.:frow

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Ok--that's just teasing--the snow and the cookies. You all know I want snow!!!! It snowed yesterday, but it blew all away today, save a few drifts. Cookies look great!! none of us are gingerbread fans, but yesterday, I made 4 loaves of bread, banana oatmeal choc chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and peach muffins.
Today was church and a day of rest. Enjoy your cookies, and your snow!!!!

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Ok--that's just teasing--the snow and the cookies. You all know I want snow!!!! It snowed yesterday, but it blew all away today, save a few drifts. Cookies look great!! none of us are gingerbread fans, but yesterday, I made 4 loaves of bread, banana oatmeal choc chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, and peach muffins.
Today was church and a day of rest. Enjoy your cookies, and your snow!!!!
We don't go to church and even if we did, the ice was TERRIBLE on our driveway so we barely went anywhere today, lol what else do you do when you don't go to church right? BAKEEEEE. I made two loaves of white bread as well, but one got stuck to the bottom of my glass pan (LOL) so we're eating that up right now, instead of saving it.