girls only please, unless you're that interested in my period

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh, and as far as yoga goes.... i would break in half. i dont bend.... its not pretty... :hide

chandasue

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Maybe see a naturopath doctor and talk to them about any imbalances you have. Could be that you aren't eating according to your nutritional type. Lots of reason that hormones go amiss...

chickensducks&agoose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
there are pads available on this website in the buy sell trade section. I bought a set, and am VERY Happy... strangely looking forward to when I get to use these products again... i assume that enthusiasm will fade. Turns out I'm allergic to Rayon, and am SO much happier with cloth. the heavy pads have a liner hidden inside, to prevent leaks. try those, really! as far as hormones go, try to eliminate processed foods, high fats, high sugars, and NO SODA! it can't hurt, and might help regulate hormones.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hey OGG! I'm a "PCOS sufferer" too. I was on those meds and more until I started seeing a naturopath. If there's any way you can do that I'd highly recommend it. If I'd known what I know now when I was your age, how different my life would have been!!
Read up on Polycystic Ovary Syndrome as well as insulin resistance. I'm bordering on pre-diabetes now if I don't control my carbs, and it all ties in with the PCOS. I'm not trying to scare you. There's no reason for that, but when I was your age the information wasn't out there and you've got such an advantage over me! Good luck. PM any time or post here and I'll follow. I'm running off to a meeting now.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
And no soy in any form. It really messes with your hormones and it takes MONTHS for the effects to clear your system. Read every label....it is in most processed foods in one form or another.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
And no soy in any form. It really messes with your hormones and it takes MONTHS for the effects to clear your system. Read every label....it is in most processed foods in one form or another.
Yup, that was number one on my naturopath's list. It messes hormones and was screwing up my thyroid. Stopped eating it my blood tests were within normal in two months.

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks.
i try to avoid soy. but i live with my dad and dont have a job so i try my best. i'm trying to eat better but i am finding that i am quite picky... :idunno
i dont really like most veggies and the ones i do like i eat all the time so i dont like them as much anymore. :sick
how do i find a naturopath (???) ?
yes, i'm going to look up alot more info on PCOS now.

thyroid? i had a ton of blood tests done and the doctor said the only thing that was off was my hormones. way too much testosterone. but thyroid was fine. what does the thyroid do?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I second (third) the Diva cup. Tampons are ewwww so gross. Pads uggh.... NO WAY. Even more grosss :sick

I can't feel my diva (I have it in right now... haven't thought about it all day, actually). I really like it because everything south of it stays clean - unlike pads or tampons. Which makes it nice for psuedo-sex, lol, I think I made that up. Sex minus penetration, if you couldn't figure it out.

No grossness, no buying tons and tons of thingies to throw away...

I'm a fussy veggie-hater. But if you can get off of sugar, the healthy foods will start tasting better to you. :)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ha ha ha! psuedo-sex!!! :gig

ya i'm trying to cut back the sugar... but my family is a food family. everything happens around the table... and if its not around the table there is probably finger foods involved... :pop

one question that just popped into my head...
if you are taking sugars out of you diet (or having very very little) then what do you do for period cravings?
because i know this week i've gained about 5 pounds...
chocolate pudding, a chocolate muffin, two squares of a chocolate bar (little sister caught me :( ), cake and ice cream (i'm blaming that one on papa! it was his birthday),....

i'm looking into the diva cup now....

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
okay i just found something on PCOS:
http://www.bing.com/health/article/...vary+syndrome&qpvt=Polycystic+Ovary+Syndrome+

here is something from the page:
"Acanthosis nigricans. This is the medical term for darkened, velvety skin on the nape of your neck, armpits, inner thighs, vulva or under your breasts. This skin condition is a sign of insulin resistance"
my little sister (she would litterally kill me if she knew i talked about this) has terrible groos underarms... the whole part where you apply deoderant is very very very very very dark. like i mean grey. it doesnt even look like a skin color... :sick :sick :sick
i'm not sure of her washing habits there but its gross. so that bit caught my eye on that page. she has her period and she's only like 13... she's got no period troubles that i know of...

i'm not very good with this stuff...