"Git your *&$# over here and bring a gun!"

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Gotta just LOVE it when a phone call starts out like that! :gig

The neighbor across the street calls and screams that when I answer the phone!
So I ask him just what it is he wants me to kill, since that kinda makes a difference on what size gun I drag outta the gun safe! :lol:

He says "RAT!" (Screaming like a little girl!)

ALLRIGHTYTHEN!!!!!! I grab the Taurus Judge(.410 shotgun pistol) and head on over.......

He tells me it is in the drain pipe near the end of his driveway..........all I can see is tall grass moving, so I take a shot in the general direction.........it moves again......I shoot again.........it moves a little bit so I take another shot and all the motion stops........He gets a shovel and we uncover.......... a MUSKRAT!! :gig :gig

GAWD I LOVE LIVING IN THE COUNTRY!!!! :lol: :gig :lol: :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey, do you need my axe!?!?!

ha!!!!

dang boy, how many times do you need to shoot a varmint to drop it!?!?

ha ha ha ha ha!
;-)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Hey now girly girl.........I was shooting at WEEDS MOVING.......not a BODY!!
And besides.........it is a pistol/shotgun!

:gig :gig :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
that fox.. i mean.. coyote was still moving, Mister. and remember that it was running when i hit it with the shovel!!!

hee hee hee

say did you run right out and see the space station!!!?!!? whooot! it was so cool. when we came in Pepper had a little sign that said "dont forget me!"
;-)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I ran right out.........but I didn't get to see it.......to many trees and I think I mighta been a wee bit late. :hit :hit

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL this is super funny cause last week I get a knock at the front door and our neighbor from way up the road said to Tony to get his gun cause a giant copperhead snake was in the road in front of our pasture.
Well Tony got a hoe, or shovel or something...lol no gun needed for that copperhead

suburbanhomesteader

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I'll probably get flamed for this, but seriously??!!!

One of the first things my dad taught me when I got my first BB gun was "don't shoot at anything unless you know what you're shooting at at can hit it where you want to hit it".

45 years later I can't think of a time I haven't followed those rules.

I think it needs to be said that it is pretty irresponsible to shoot at moving grass.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
suburbanhomesteader :welcome , there is no flaming around here. We all come from different teachings and do things differently. My father also taught me to get a clear shot and know what you are shooting at for sure. That worked well when I lived in town. Out in the country, things are a bit different. I can honestly say, had I not fired into the pack of 'dogs' I might not be well enough to type this now.

Guns are always a touchy subject. I find personally that it really depends on what you know. Urban folks fear gangs, suburban folks fear urban folks and country folks, its a tool. I know personally, if the lady up the road (9 miles away) calls and says " I need help, bring a gun" I bring three. The best piece of advice I got out here is." Call the police when you have to, but don't expect them to save you. They can't get there in time"

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yes, always a good rule to keep in mind!

Since it is near a drain pipe, at the end of the driveway, I think it would be somewhat safe to assume that the possibility of electrical cords etc. running underground in the area would be slim. If that's what you were worrying about.

Now if your talking about knowing whether or not it's Great Aunt Gladys' purebred white Persian cat, well, I guess that's something SKr8pn would have to deal with if that were the case. :lol: