Gluten/dairy free & I'm feeling better now! (update)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
CrownofThorns said:
I take activated charcoal and butchers broom when I'm cleansing. Between the both of them almost always all of my nasty cleansing symptoms are gone.

*sigh* I know I need to go GF and more then likely DF at least long enough to heal my gut. I have a family history of gluten intolerance and this past summer I found out that when my adrenals are depleted because of high stress I'm allergic to any pasteurized dairy. I have several symptoms of a hidden allergy. Dark circles under the eyes being one of them.
liver toxicity. sugar free may clear that up fast.

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
CrownofThorns said:
I take activated charcoal and butchers broom when I'm cleansing. Between the both of them almost always all of my nasty cleansing symptoms are gone.

*sigh* I know I need to go GF and more then likely DF at least long enough to heal my gut. I have a family history of gluten intolerance and this past summer I found out that when my adrenals are depleted because of high stress I'm allergic to any pasteurized dairy. I have several symptoms of a hidden allergy. Dark circles under the eyes being one of them.
Hmm both my husband and I have a number of liver toxicity symptoms. We've been taking a live cleanser, but not like we should.

Just sugar or all sweeteners too? I only use sugar (organic dehydrated cane juice) every blue moon (was a daily habit until a couple weeks ago) when I have some black, green or white tea. The rest of the time I pretty much use honey for everything.

BTW I never received that pm?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
CrownofThorns said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
CrownofThorns said:

Hmm both my husband and I have a number of liver toxicity symptoms. We've been taking a live cleanser, but not like we should.

Just sugar or all sweeteners too? I only use sugar (organic dehydrated cane juice) every blue moon (was a daily habit until a couple weeks ago) when I have some black, green or white tea. The rest of the time I pretty much use honey for everything.

BTW I never received that pm?
All for now. BUT! I would highly rec. drinking Kombucha, as it is a liver cleanser. I have quite a bit of anecdotal evidence in our family and a close friend as to it working well that way.

CrownofThorns

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I couldn't have any for months because I was having issues. It was only giving me vinegar, even when it was still sweet. That was an interesting tasting experience! :lol: Anyways I finally found out that my bedroom was too cold, so I moved it to the same room as the fire, rook out 5 inches of SCOBy and this is the first batch that has been drinkable for months.:woot I LOVE kombucha. We drink a lot. I saved old GT's bottles and we usually drink 2 or 3 of those a day when it's doing good. :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I agree with bacon as a cure all ;)

For me, I took several years to slowly cut things back to my current diet. I don't think cutting everything could work for me. I'd flip out. LOL Physically and emotionally.

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that nearly 2 weeks in, I'm feeling pretty good now! :) I accidentally had a bit of goat cheese at a party on Thursday night (totally wasn't thinking when I ate it), and felt fine afterwards, so I'm thinking I might be able to tolerate a wee bit of dairy. I have to go out of town for work Sun-Mon, so that will be a big challenge.... But after I've made it 2 weeks, I'm not going to go backwards, that's for sure!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yay for your success, CK! Goat's milk is far easier to digest so don't dive in to all commercial dairy products.....you know this, though. But just in case....