Goat and other problems

Oberhaslikid

Power Conserver
Reaction score
From the sound of it sounds like Tetnus I had some kids get it a couple years ago_Once stiff its hard to bring them back have to have antitoxin.
here is a link if you want to see if the symptoms are what you describe.Vitamin B will give her an appatite but wont do any good if she cant eat.
http://www.tennesseemeatgoats.com/articles2/tetanus.html

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Thanx again everyone for the great articles and suggestions, as well as the concern, you all are true gems!

Sadly, Bonnie Jean has passed. :( She couldn't even take the Vitamin B solution.

We'll bury her in the back yard next to her boyfriend, Clyde.

RIP Bonnie Jean, you were mamma's girl

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:( I'm so sorry.

We lost our boy Bucky on Monday. He had different symptoms, we had a vet out to take a look and the vet gave him a shot, and then we gave him one a couple of days later. It helped for a little bit and not 100%.

Bucky was 3 years old, a sweetheart and is greatly missed.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I am so sorry you lost your little goat. I understand not wanting to spend lots of money on a vet, especially if you don't have one close.

We did spend the money on our goats and that is why I posted about the problems we had with Flower and Blossom, so that hopefully someone else could learn from us and not have to go through the expense or the experience.
We spent our annual animal budget on the goats in a matter of weeks :rolleyes:
Now, if anything goes wrong, we'll have to make due somehow. It was an expensive lesson. :/

I definitely recommend having B vitamins and tetanus antitoxin on hand. I have a lot more stuff on hand now, after my bad experience. I also learned a lot in the process. And was able to save a neighbor's dog, thanks to what I learned with my goats and now had on hand. And he paid us in kind.

I hope this doesn't turn you away from having goats :hugs
Stuff happens, it is beyond our control sometimes. I am so sorry. :hugs

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
I have a lot more stuff on hand now, after my bad experience. I also learned a lot in the process. And was able to save a neighbor's dog, thanks to what I learned with my goats and now had on hand. And he paid us in kind.
FD, this is a great lesson on "why" somethings bad things happen to us - so we can help someone else.

one thing i learned yesterday from my 4H neighbors... everyone seems to be struggling their their goats this year. many folks in their 4H club - including their leader (who's had goats for years) are having all kinds of trouble. their vet cant even help them figure it out. i went over with some herbal wormer b/c they might loose another kid - and the others are not doing well at all.

and you are just right, there are many things we cant control.

but, we're all in this together and its great to be able to pass on and learn.

PG, i'm so sorry about your loss.
*hugs!*