Goat knappers in Oregon!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
That area isn't too far from me so I take it serious as well. I don't keep locks on my goat gates, it would be a big pain to un-do each time, but if I lived any closer to Portland I might feel I need to. Lucky for my goats, I have five dogs that make a big announcement whenever anyone steps onto our property.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey SD!

tell Bandit that them goatknappers are bears...she'll set them straight all right. (Kai says hi to Bandit)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hey SD!

tell Bandit that them goatknappers are bears...she'll set them straight all right. (Kai says hi to Bandit)
Our best property alarm barking dog is a golden retriever! Karelian bear dogs don't really bark, they whooo whooo whooooooo.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
hey SD!

Our best property alarm barking dog is a golden retriever! Karelian bear dogs don't really bark, they whooo whooo whooooooo.
yeah but what they lack in their bark they make up for in their gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

;-)

our Kai likes to wooooo woooo wooo also.

we think its hilarious. they call her breed the 'silent hunters' b/c they dont bark they just charge off like a shadow in the night.... but she's getting a good woofer on her when people come around.

i think our best property alarm is OD.. there's a whole lotta honkin' going on.

:)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
More dangerous than any dog.....me with a sharp four-tined hay fork in my hand when something is glancing at my critters with the wrong look in their eyes..... If my aim were better there'd be skewered coon and coyote left in the woods as a warning. Grrrrr.........

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
i'm leaning toward "more serious" also.. the '"They're like 'oh, we're just gonna take it to a party - we'll bring it back by the morning' and we're just like, 'no you aren't.'" is kinda sick and wrong.
Somehow I keep coming up with the image of the dead horse in Dean Wormer's office, and then the guy going into the office with the chainsaw. :lol:

All kidding aside, if it were my goat I would be pi$$ed.

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I thought letting the kids hide a goat in the closet from hubby was a great idea!!!

wanders off to measure the kiddos closet... I mean new goat pen! ROFL

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
When I was in college I worked on the campus farm. One day in January my boss got a call from campus security that one of the ewes was at the mall (not shopping mall, think like the mall at D.C.). Apparently some drunk frat guys (i'm assuming) stole her out of the pasture and brought her there. She was heavily bred (we lambed starting in Feb) and I was SOOOO royaly pissed off! I was so worried for her and her lambs, but she lambed just fine and right on schedule. I will never know how they managed to catch her. I imagine they had to chase the flock for a while until they caught one. And they had to lift her over the fence because the gate was kept locked. The fence is easiy 5' high. :rolleyes: Jerks.