Goat Milk Soap New Batchs! (PICS)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This week I made some soap from the frozen bags of milk in the freezer. Whenever the milk gets "goaty" tasting I would freeze 12 oz in a ziplock bag, the amount needed for my goat milk recipe.

I made 18 lbs of Soap!!
2162012AllSoaps01.jpg

(anyhow, if I add up all the ingredients, that is what I come up with, but remember I am "numerically challenged"!

At Joann's I bought some new soap mold. They are for candies, and candy coated Oreos. But they make great soaps for kids, or for a guest bathroom.

Here are the kid soaps.
2162012NewAnimalSoaps.jpg

Here are the guest soaps.
2162012NewFlowerSoapsemail.jpg

This is my favorite mold,
2162012RoseSoapsemail.jpg

I hope I can find some new ones, these are not working so good anymore, I might try spraying them with Pam to see if that will help make them release the soap better. New molds are great!!

Funny how as the soap cures it turns different colors. I love the pink, but it won't stay that way.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Very pretty! I find freezing the soap helps it pop out of the molds better...

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Beautiful! This is one of the reasons I want goats! Do you mind if I ask how much you sell these for?

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Beautiful! This is one of the reasons I want goats! Do you mind if I ask how much you sell these for?
I don't sell them.... I give them as gifts to people during the year. Take that back, I did give some to be sold at the craft fair for $3.00 for the regular sized bars. They sold pretty good, but I have yet to see any money from it!! It was for a fund raiser for the school where the the goats are kept. So, I didn't bug anyone about the money. I should ask them for my display basket back though...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Those are cute! I like the kids soaps, my little nieces would love those! Very nice job Rebbetzin :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
great pics

yea I put in fridge for about 2 hrs and they pop right out...some of my soaps stick into the mold like cement and just a bit in the fridge helps...but then with that cold they take a bit longer to dry out.

John_henry

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I've been wanting a goat, and after trying goats milk ice cream the other day I think my other half could be persuaded.