Goat Milk Soap New Batchs! (PICS)

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Make sure the molds get a good washing between uses, and freeze the soap after it has had time to set, then it'll come out of the molds more readily. Other than that, if you enjoy it, you should look into silicone molds, as the plastic molds just don't hold up as well. :)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
John_henry said:
Thanks so much. I've been wanting a goat, and after trying goats milk ice cream the other day I think my other half could be persuaded.
Just keep the goats out of the chicken coop!

4252012ShadowheadinChickenfeederemail.jpg

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Make sure the molds get a good washing between uses, and freeze the soap after it has had time to set, then it'll come out of the molds more readily. Other than that, if you enjoy it, you should look into silicone molds, as the plastic molds just don't hold up as well. :)
I had trouble getting the soap out of the silicone mold... I had a star shaped cupcake type mold, and the soap stayed kind of soft. I did't try putting it in the freezer back then. Now I do either put them in the freezer or in the refigerator over night and that really helps get them out of the molds nicely.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Silicone molds work best with the freezer. Pop em into the freezer for a few hours and then when you unmold they come out perfectly. If the plastic is working for you, then by all means, use it, lol. I just found that the plastic molds were more of a PITA than what they were worth, especially with them breaking. If they're not washed well between uses, the soap seems to stick more (even with a full freezer visit).

BasicallyHeather

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I can't wait to make soap! Which breed(s) work best for soapmaking, in everyone's opinion? We will be getting some does or doelings next spring. I was hoping to just keep Nigerians for dairy use, as long as they come from good milking lines, because of space...but I am not sure. I kinda want to have a few Alpines and Nubians, but I don't want to have to worry about fence-jumping.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BasicallyHeather said:
I can't wait to make soap! Which breed(s) work best for soapmaking, in everyone's opinion? We will be getting some does or doelings next spring. I was hoping to just keep Nigerians for dairy use, as long as they come from good milking lines, because of space...but I am not sure. I kinda want to have a few Alpines and Nubians, but I don't want to have to worry about fence-jumping.
The goats I milk are Nubians. I would think any type of milk would work.

Latest posts