Goat watch, not pregnant but acting she’s laboring

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Mini Horses that is what I figured but I didn't know if it could be connected to any other ailment.

Hopefully she is doing good this morning :)
Cancer, small brain tumor.
I’ve had one goat start 3 times, one simple precocious udder, one times with a snake bite, and one time with a spider bite.

But she never acted like she was in labor before hand.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No baby, no fluid sac, no blood; on her or on the ground. That I saw at least.

She was just laying on the porch, very sanguine.
Still had the lump, but it’s on the left side close to her ribs. I’m thinking it’s just an organ/her stomach.
There was more white discharge too. But not a lot.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal milk generally comes in only for kidding....all things as nature planned. 😁. Which makes this a seeming secret date happened.
Hey, if there is a baby I might name it floozy. :lol:
Honestly, I’m just a bit bewildered. Guess I’ll just hang along for the ride. She’s been pretty friendly today, almost clingy...then stand offish.
Who knows. If she keeps lactating without a baby is there a way to test the milk, see if it’s good to drink?

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hormones....among other things....could bring her into milk. It's odd, strange, unusual but things happen! I have a mature doe I though pregnant, she's bagging but not as usual. At this point, I'm thinking not bred -- but definately looks it! 🤷 Well fed.

Yesterday acting as if cycling....tail going, vocal and looking longingly at new buck.🤣🤔 He is handsome but...not wanting Jan kids. These goats drive you crazy!!

Let us know what happens.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hormones....among other things....could bring her into milk. It's odd, strange, unusual but things happen! I have a mature doe I though pregnant, she's bagging but not as usual. At this point, I'm thinking not bred -- but definately looks it! 🤷 Well fed.

Yesterday acting as if cycling....tail going, vocal and looking longingly at new buck.🤣🤔 He is handsome but...not wanting Jan kids. These goats drive you crazy!!

Let us know what happens.
But hey, isn’t it in the goat handbook to have their kids at the worst, most dangerous, inconvenient time? There’s a rule about it somewhere. Alongside getting trapped where they never have before...when you’re not home.
I think it’s just in their code of ethics.