Goldenrod Tincture

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
5CC6C35A-68A2-4328-B2BC-A06498FE97EF.jpeg

It’s time for me to make goldenrod tincture to treat allergies. I will use ACV as my menstruume. Well...it’s a start.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Had no idea you could injest it. How long does it take to make? I love herbal remedies and essential oils. I bathe my kids in them.

My mom swears I was "deathly" allergic to goldenrod when younger, I am not quite sure I believe her- I have no troubles now. DH says I should go stand in a ditch full so he can take a picture and send to her:gig

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I will keep it soaking for two weeks before I strain them off. When she says you were allergic does she mean an allergic reaction like with hives and difficulty breathing or is she talking about sneezing wit teary eyes and clogged head? But in homeopathic medicine like treats like so you use the offending agent to deliver the plant in a different way and your symptoms disappear.
I am not exactly an allergy sufferer but I know a few.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I will keep it soaking for two weeks before I strain them off. When she says you were allergic does she mean an allergic reaction like with hives and difficulty breathing or is she talking about sneezing wit teary eyes and clogged head? But in homeopathic medicine like treats like so you use the offending agent to deliver the plant in a different way and your symptoms disappear.
I am not exactly an allergy sufferer but I know a few.
She never said just allergic.

Very interesting about how it all works. I am super green behind the ears but hope to learn more so I can use more and keep is all healthier.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I come from a family that knew something about the healing power of plants and a few of my people were faith healers. I can go either way, myself or both but there came a time when I knew I should learn much more about the healing arts. I tried at first just to do a bit of independent study but I got to thinking that a lot of people don’t give a fig about stuff you know but they will respect you if you have a piece of paper with your name on it so I decided to get myself a piece of paper. It took a while. I studied about a year to get my certificate. I guess it depends on what you plan on doing with it. I wanted to be able to actually help people with alternate medicine so they had a choice. I wanted to use my nursing skills and ask lots of questions and use preventative medicine so it was important for me to actually have that piece of paper. Now if someone just wants to have several reference books and do some independent research and help their families out and stay low profile, the knowledge is out there. I would go on Amazon and look for used books on the subject going for $0.50 plus S&H and make myself a little library. There are really good books that concentrate on 20 wild herbs that grow in most of the USA. I think it’s a valuable skill to have and goes hand in hand with self-sufficiency. Look....take arthritis. I have been diagnosed with it in both feet and my right knee. For a while I thought my life was over. I remember sending my 2 youngest children to feed my animals and pick up the eggs and I was crying because I knew I would see things they missed. I was prescribed narcotics for my pain which would knock me out. So as I am sitting there crying, a question came into my mind. “What is the cause of arthritis?” That question lead me to an actual scientific study with very complicated medical terminology that even a nurse would have a hard time reading. But I was intrigued enough to take a chance with Boron therapy, which is most commonly found in 20 Mule Team Borax. I am totally serious here. I was a bit puzzled by the dosage and I asked all my friends with a medical background to help me with the math to make sure I am figuring this right. Near as I can tell I needed a size 4 capsule to get the right dosage which you won’t find the therapeutic dosage online. I know because I tried. I told all my friends I was going to use myself as a guinea pig. By the 10th day I knew I was heading in the right direction. I had worked a shift as a nurse and I got home and DH came to the door and watched me walk from the suburban to the house without looking like I was needing to hold onto the trees and get him to help me. By the next day I was able to walk instead of use a wheelchair. I did 6 weeks of Boron and my coworkers started asking questions because I could work regular instead of just one shift a week. Your doctor stands to gain nothing from telling you this. My doctor gave me a prescription for Vicodin and Lidocaine Patches. Neither of them are cures. To this day I still don’t hurt as much as I did 5 years ago.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the information. I have one question: do you use 20 Mule Team Borax for your capsules, or some other source? Also, when you say size 4 capsule- is that 0000 or is there an actual size 4 capsule, because I haven't seen one.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would imagine 0000 is a horse capsule because 00 is the biggest I have ever used. A size 4 is the smallest size I have used so far and it’s the size of a Benadryl capsule. Yes it was 20 Mule Team borax I used and since then I have prepared it for others who mostly have claimed the same results as me. I have one person who denies it helped her. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis. But I already knew that even for the few it wouldn’t help that it wouldn’t hurt. I have not studied this treatment in my herbal studies. It was just something that I landed upon in a desperate hour and I am grateful for it. I was well on my way to poverty and disability.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I seem to recall hearing also that boron deficiency is what makes hair go grey
I think there is really only one place in the world that doesn’t have Boron deficiencies and that’s Fiji Islands. I am probably going to order myself some size 4 capsules again. I have been pouring DH’s medicine and he can use all the help he can get. I really wish I could get my capsule filling machines again. I spend a lot of time filling capsules by hand now. I was filling Ginseng capsules yesterday. I can use all the energy I can get.