Good Homesteading Source

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
network-logo.png

A few months back I started a subscription to Countryside & Small Stock Journal. I am delighted in how jammed packed this magazine is with practical and entertaining information....so much so, I cancelled both my Mother Earth and Grit subscriptions (which I think just recycle their articles and are making money "glamorizing" the homesteading life.)

Well, anyway, today I was taking a good look at the Countryside Network website. There is a ton of info on this site, and it is free. You might want to check it out.

http://countrysidenetwork.com/

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to checking this out. I've only recently stumbled upon mother earth news and have not been that impressed. Some good stuff, but feels like it is catering to a different crowd. What I would call yuppie wanna-be homesteaders. Which is fine... Just not what I am looking for! To clarify, I'm not saying that anyone here falls under that title!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
C & SSJ is a no frills publication, but 1 issue has more down to earth information and stories in it than of MEN and Grit combined. I like their website, but I think the magazine is even better.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My favorite magazine is Acres USA. This Coutryside looks interesting.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mother Earth News used to be a lot better than it is now. As stated, they discovered they could make more money catering to the yuppie wannabe's, as the real homesteaders often didn't have the money to afford a subscription nor the time to read it.

Latest posts