Goodbye? Penpals?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
People (supposedly) have been healed by happiness. I don't personally know of anyone, but in a book I read over the winter were accounts of cancer victims who took on a regime of laughing, and were healed. The accounts didn't say what other lifestyle changes were implemented. In other readings, about long lived cultures that all of the elderly were active and capable, happiness and contentment was one ingredient.

if you compare life in the past 100yrs to what it is like for me (something 50 years old) i think i've had it much easier in some regards. i clearly did not have to cope with the Great Depression or the Dust Bowl or many other things, but also by now i've also seen my own share of things, the recent ups and downs, Viet Nam, the race riots, market crashes and bailouts, etc. the current pandemic (as horrible as it is) is yet just another episode and survival is the goal, survival with a sense of humor and some idea of being able to get done what i would like to get done is up there. so far that is about what i see around me too. most people are coping as best they can and getting done what they need to do.