Got 1,000 canning jar lids

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
A friend called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted to split an order of canning jar lids.

We bought 1,000 regular canning jar lids for $99.95 with free shipping. That's $1.19 per dozen. The cheapest around here I could find them were around $2.25 per dozen.

If any of you are interested, just do a search on ebay for "bulk regular canning jar lids".

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I got about 1500 last fall and boy, it feels good not to have to search for them and pay $3 for a dozen "out of season!"

I figure, I'm gonna buy them anyways, might as well bite the bullet and save money in the long run. That is a great price. Thanks for sharing. I still have lots, but I encourage anyone who is committed to canning to consider stocking up.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:th Now I'm jealous......

I have such a mix of wide mouth and small and I have no idea of which I have the most right now with the influx of jars I've been given.

Now, let me ask you gals something. How long could you conceivably keep those flats until the rubber dried up and was no longer usable? How many years do you suppose?

If they would last a couple three years, that would be a great deal! :thumbsup

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Beekissed, that is a good question. And that is such a great idea to really stock up on them. I hate running out, when I'm in the middle of a canning spell.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:th Now I'm jealous......

I have such a mix of wide mouth and small and I have no idea of which I have the most right now with the influx of jars I've been given.

Now, let me ask you gals something. How long could you conceivably keep those flats until the rubber dried up and was no longer usable? How many years do you suppose?

If they would last a couple three years, that would be a great deal! :thumbsup
Bee............as long as you keep them out of the sunlight and in a cool DRY place, they should last for a very, very long time.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I would think they would last for a few years, too (if properly stored).

Each year we usually do about 75 qrts of beans, 30-40 of pickles, probably 50 pints of jellies & jams, plus tomato sauce, juice and salsa.

So . . . I don't think they will last for years anyway ;)

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
GREAT find!!! Thanks for telling us about it!! As a canning newb who has yet to get started, that is one thing that was haunting me, was the expense of canning jar lids, and running out of them while in full swing!