Got 2 does so far! **WARNING THERE ARE PICS***

Harley's Girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here in Holmes county we are allowed 3 deer. Still just 1 buck, but we can get either 2-3 does. So far I have got 2 does. First one was rather small but I am fine with that. (They are more tender! LOL :lol: ) I am looking forward to getting my buck this coming weekend. The first 2 pics are this years does. The last one is my buck from last year! I sure hope I can get one that makes him look small!!!! :D

Doe taken first day!
1201081017a.jpg

Doe taken on Saturday. My DD was not impressed! She did not like its tongue!
HPIM6625.jpg

Last years buck! A 6 point!
HPIM3288.jpg

edited for typos! ;)

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good for you Harley's Girl!! Yeah, the little ones taste better than the big ones!! DH sometimes gets year-old ones, and we just hang them up and cut pieces off for supper til we run out of meat on it. We eat a lot of meat. Let me rephrase that, I cook a lot of meat. DH eats most of it.

Harley's Girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
mrs.puff said:
Good for you Harley's Girl!! Yeah, the little ones taste better than the big ones!! DH sometimes gets year-old ones, and we just hang them up and cut pieces off for supper til we run out of meat on it. We eat a lot of meat. Let me rephrase that, I cook a lot of meat. DH eats most of it.
LOL My DH too! He says there is nothing better than meat for the main dish with a side of...meat! :gig We could never be vegetarians! We LOVE meat!

Oh and thank you! I can't wait to go back out on Saturday! :weee

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yeah, and my DH also says "salt goes good on salt". I swear I fill up the saltshaker every two weeks.
Did you know that raw or rare meat is high in vitamin C? That's why the eskimos don't have to eat vegs!!

Harley's Girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
No I did not know that. The DH and I eat our steaks rare and very rare. My mother will not eat steaks with me, she gets ill. She says they are raw and I am going to get sick and die if I don't start cooking my steaks more! LOL She is such a worrier! I have actually eaten steak the was still cold in the middle. :drool MMMMMMM, I may have steak for supper tonight! :gig I will let the DH know tonight that we are getting a nice dose of vitamin C from the under cooked steak! :D

I don't eat hardly any salt. But that is funny! Would you like some food with your salt? :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
nice pics
you have good eating for the freezer!
I am a meat hound also. meat and salad and I am good to go. don't need much else..HA HA

meat with a side of meat....my kind of meal..HA HA

hope you get that big buck you are wanting!

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We eat deer meat about every day. It's free (kinda), low-fat, and tasty. I can't hardly eat cow anymore. It's icky.

Harley's Girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
LOL us too! Other than our steaks they are beef.
But out our burger, hot dogs, and bologna is all from deer. :D

Edited for typos

mrs.puff

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hey HG-- I'm kinda snickering 'cause whatever you just said about the hot dogs didn't make sense. Aren't you the one that said "edit typos"??:p

Harley's Girl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
LOL I meant I edited for typos. :gig
Not telling everyone else to! LOL :lol: On the BYC everyone puts why they edited their post. I am just kinda used to doing so also. Thats all I meant. :D

Latest posts