Got a 4 pointer last evening! graphic pic

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just thought I would share a picture of the deer I got yesterday evening. I made a really long shot with my 30.06 and he only went about 10 yards before it was over. I made a really clean double lung shot. I wish the picture was a little better but it was dark when we got home with him and it was about 25 degrees out so we just wanted to get him processed (we do our own). I have two little ones (Tyler-age 3 and Madelyn-age 1) so we just hurried it along. This is my first deer of the season and I hope to get a couple more so that we can fill the freezer!

460_p1010342.jpg

Oh, and btw, in case anyone hasn't heard...my hubby has a guide service for duck and goose hunts in Va, Ok, and AK so far. Please check out our website at www.webfootmafia.com We also have some really cool t shirts so be sure to check out the products page! My husband is Chad Adams.

Thanks everyone and good luck this season!

Lori

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Congrats! Was your dog scared of it? One time hubby shot bear, and our big tough rottweiler was a bit jumpy around it.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
That's Maggie, our pregnant chocolate lab, she is our couch dog. She usually is a little skiddish but I think she was just sniffing around because of the blood. She was glued to my hubby's side while he was skinning and processing it though....I always boil the little leftover pieces of meat and fat and pour the broth over her food and I will feed some of the meat to the chickens too.

I hate to waste anything!

Lori

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh yeah and the 30.06 makes another kill!! My gun of choice, LOL.
CONGRATULATIONS LORIHADAMS !!!! GOOD JOB.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Love your dog!

*whatcha gonna do with the coming pups? ;)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
As far as the puppies go, we will be selling them....her last litter she had 4 chocolates and 4 blacks, 4 males and 4 females. We lost the runt of the litter a beautiful chocolate female...we think she got stepped on...tried very hard to save her, I even fed her breast milk out of a dropper cause we couldn't get her to nurse...she's buried in the back yard.

We are in Va but have no problems putting a puppy on a plane or driving halfway to meet someone. We usually don't let them go until they are 7-8 weeks old. When we took Maggie to the vet to get checked out he said "she is slam full of babies, you're gonna have a fun Christmas"

We breed her with our black English Male Tonka....this is her second litter. They are both Akc registered and come from excellent bloodlines (Maggie's parents were hunting stock out of Louisiana and Tonka's father was a champion show dog Chester of Dickens) and as soon as she has them...probably in the next week or so...I'll post some pics for everyone!

We will probably also have them all on our website www.webfootmafia.com

Latest posts