Got a free rabbit hutch

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:weee I was having such a bad day and then I saw it there on the side of the road only 4 houses down from mine! Couldn't say no! I'd love to get an angora because I spin. Don't know where to look for a breeder. Don't know if they're expensive or hard to care for. Don't know the first thing about taking care of rabbits either! I need some advice here. Thanks! Just in time for Easter! :weee

1222_img_1816.jpg

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Rabbits are some of the easiest animals to take care of! NICE find!! Looks like a good sturdy little hutch :) I don't know anything about angoras though :idunno

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is a really nice rabbit cage. I cant even find one that nice here for sale. The ones that are around here for free, need lots of work..

What a great find

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's really nice! You might want to put something (like an empty feed bag) over the roof in bad weather-unless you're going to have it some place where it stays dry. That way, the food doesn't get all wet, and your bunny can come out when it's wet out.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice! I've been on the lookout for free or low cost rabbit hutches for over a year - no luck yet.

sheaviance1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
What a great find!!! I'd love to run across something like that :D

Head on over to backyardherds, they have a breeder's list for rabbits on one of the rabbit forums. You may be able to find what you are looking for there. I have just started raising rabbits. My primary reason to raise rabbits is for their poo and their meat. Mine are Californians. So far, they have been very easy to care for. Good luck! I am really enjoying mine so far!!!

I have mine in a hanging cage system under a lean-to style shelter for the summer time. At the moment, I am collecting their droppings for the garden. I want to eventually expand a little. I want to set up a worm bin under the hanging hutches to supply fishing worms as well as vermicompost. There is a New Zealand breeder in our area. Her rabbitry is almost odor-free because of the wormbeds.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is such a great find! I see hutches on craigs for $50+ that are not as nice as what you have!