got eggs in the incubator

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
well got 3 doz eggs from a guy i know. he has buff orpingtons, silver laced wyndotts, and light brahmas (all in pure flocks). then in a mixed pen he has (12hen-2roo) barred rocks,(4hen-1roo) blue orpingtons, and something else. got 8 buff eggs, 3 silver laced eggs, and 25 from the mixed pen. hoping VERY much that there are some blue orpington eggs in there!!! not sure if i want the light brahmas- they dont lay much once it gets cold. he didnt have LB till later last spring either.

also- got pics of the baby goats up on my other post!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I will a week from Tuesday (with my own little egglets) to coincide with my Broody duckling hatch.

Then about the 14th or 15th of March, I will be again with some stranger's eggs :D :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
I have 18 set on the 12th of February.
I set mine the 15. I'll be going into lockdown while yours hatch :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had hoped to get mine going today, but didn't get to it. But, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have em in. I hope I have better luck this year than last year. If not, I'll get some chicks from the feed store-including a couple of silkies. I'm hoping for one good broody!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I had hoped to get mine going today, but didn't get to it. But, hopefully by tomorrow I'll have em in. I hope I have better luck this year than last year. If not, I'll get some chicks from the feed store-including a couple of silkies. I'm hoping for one good broody!
I have hoped for 3 years and not one :rolleyes: Except the borrowed one, and I have had the DP, SS breeds for the last 3 years.......

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
Denim Deb said:
I have hoped for 3 years and not one :rolleyes: Except the borrowed one, and I have had the DP, SS breeds for the last 3 years.......
waaaaait for it....... ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That's why I want a silkie. KN has one that will sit on nothing if you take the eggs from her, and gets mad when you move her.

ETA: KN doesn't have a silkie, just a hen that gets broody at the drop of a hat.