Got Iodine...???

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Did you see it in todays news...? Japans nuke overflow has now been detected in the northeast , USA... According to folks who moniter this kind of stuff, the state of Mass. and a few other northeast states have picked up radiation from japan in our air.They say it basically harmless, but i'm eating plenty of kelp supps. because i just don't believe a word the govt. says...what do you think..?

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
I read it on MSNnews early, online this morning...I guess thats where you'd find it.I'm sure other news media also would have a mention as well...

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
They said a little plutonium was leaking into the ocean. Godzilla?

Makes you wonder what's really going on.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
With the streak of luck they have had lately, the least shocking thing to come out of Japan would be a giant, fire-breathing, prehistoric monster.

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
OMG..!! Or maybe nuclear Python's...if radation falls on the Everglades...! Yep,makes you wonder, where and when...I just keep eating lots of iodine laced kelp supps and keep my fingers crossed...!I mean, who can you really believe out there when it comes to telling people the truth...?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
You do realize that too much iodine can trash your thyroid, right?

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Yes...thanks...i have an underactice thyroid, and doc told me to take plenty along with my synthriod medication...good point though, someone with a normal or overactice thyroid may be needing less...All i know is iodine help prevent cancer of the thyroid gland, as far as radiation fallout is concerned. How much to ingest is to be determined by you and your doc or whatever....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I managed to get the last bottle of kelp supplement at our store, soon after the earthquake hit. The iodine isn't very high. It is supposed to be a daily supplement, so I feel ok taking it until the bottle runs out.
I think eating healthy all around is going to be more beneficial anyway. And eat more fish, from the ocean, caught before that plant started spilling radioactive material into the ocean. :/ :rolleyes:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OMG I love Godzilla
and remember that BABY Godzilla....I loved that movie...that baby was funny

196_imagescacuyi64.jpg