Got Lyme? No? Think Again

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Mackay said:
I would be very suspicious of the opinion that it is OK to leave the head in. None the less, if you have been bitten you have been infected if the bug carries disease. I would not leave any part of a foreign animal imbedded in me.

Be aware that it is now known that lyme is carried by a number of different insects, including mosquito.

You can learn about MMS1 and MMS2 here:
www.jimhimble.biz

I will try to get a specific list of the 3 enzymes, I do recal that protease was one of them
Mackay- Thanks- good site. That link got messed up. it should be:
www.jimhumble.biz

Farmfresh- I'll have to remember about keeping the souvenir, in case I get sick. I've always hung out in woods and when I was young.- everything wanted to bite me. I must have been really sweet back then.

Organics North

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Mackay said:
I would be very suspicious of the opinion that it is OK to leave the head in. None the less, if you have been bitten you have been infected if the bug carries disease. I would not leave any part of a foreign animal imbedded in me.

Be aware that it is now known that lyme is carried by a number of different insects, including mosquito.

You can learn about MMS1 and MMS2 here:
www.jimhimble.biz

I will try to get a specific list of the 3 enzymes, I do recal that protease was one of them
Hi the link did not work?

It is my understanding you do not get infected with lyme until the deer ticks starts to feed. The first 24 hours the tick is just getting settled in to feed. Also the lyme is in the ticks gut. Yes get the head if you can but do not squeeze or molest the tick in order to get the head, because it can cause it to release the gut contents and infect you. Getting the body off is the priority the head is nice to get too, but sometimes you can not. (We pull ticks on almost a daily basis in season.)

Again IMO it is important to fully check for ticks before going to bed! We keep the kids hair short to make it easier to find them. AND it is much easier to have a second person check areas you can not see yourself!

We always ask for lyme test when ever we get blood work done.
ON

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh, did they tell you to put the tick in alcohol?
I would have thought that that would ruin the sample.

I didn't keep the guy that got me. Stupid. I should have thought of it.....I was so panicked... I did a mega dose of MMS....

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When my youngest dd was abput 7 months we went to watch the kids ride horses in the yard. I set up her playpen and when I put her to bed that night I found a tick. Two weeks later she had the bulls-eye. I took her to the doctor who ran blood tests and he turned up negative thank goodness. I was at the point of tears with that and everything else that happened to us within the last 3 months. I was horrified that she had lyme or one of the others. She never did get sick, but now that I read that article I know that that may not have been the end of it. If she develops any strange sickness, we'll definately look into tick borne diseases.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Organics North said:
It is my understanding you do not get infected with lyme until the deer ticks starts to feed. The first 24 hours the tick is just getting settled in to feed. Also the lyme is in the ticks gut. Yes get the head if you can but do not squeeze or molest the tick in order to get the head, because it can cause it to release the gut contents and infect you. Getting the body off is the priority the head is nice to get too, but sometimes you can not. (We pull ticks on almost a daily basis in season.)

Again IMO it is important to fully check for ticks before going to bed! We keep the kids hair short to make it easier to find them. AND it is much easier to have a second person check areas you can not see yourself!

We always ask for lyme test when ever we get blood work done.
ON
I have heard that as well, however my hubby got the ticks off almost immediately after he was bitten and still got ill.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
When my youngest dd was abput 7 months we went to watch the kids ride horses in the yard. I set up her playpen and when I put her to bed that night I found a tick. Two weeks later she had the bulls-eye. I took her to the doctor who ran blood tests and he turned up negative thank goodness. I was at the point of tears with that and everything else that happened to us within the last 3 months. I was horrified that she had lyme or one of the others. She never did get sick, but now that I read that article I know that that may not have been the end of it. If she develops any strange sickness, we'll definately look into tick borne diseases.
If she got the bulls eye she got infected. no doubt. Most doctors do not know how to test properly and a test before 6 weeks is not effective and then repeated tests are often required as the tests are not very good.

She may not get actively sick for quite a while, maybe even years.
Always keep it in the back of your mind. Only a very very few people have the immune system that can destroy it without treatment.

How long ago was this now for her? I would insist on a course of doxycycline right NOW. It is so much harder once it has moved into the cyst phase, where it is dang near impossible to cure with any antibiotic. You have to head to a very knowledgable MD or Naturopath and use samento or MMS, and enzymes.

My neighbor had the bulls eye but did not get sick for about 20 years. He didn't know what the bulls eye was and never went to the doctor. When he did get sick 20 years later it almost killed him and he has had to have repeated treatments of antibiotics. Didn't get a grip on it till he went to the naturopath who did the actual lyme diagnosis as he could see it in his blood with a dark field microscope. Therapy at that point was comprehensive and took many months. He got well for a couple of years but then it came back just recently. Its almost impossible to get rid of it all and treament is a life long endevor for most people with chronic lyme.
Not dying is the first step.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Deer ticks are tiny - I mean tiny - the size of the period at the end of this sentence. With legs. They must be on you for 24 hours before they do their damage, but you'll no doubt never even see the tick, they fall off after feeding. They aren't like dog ticks that stay on for a few days.

I almost died of Lyme last summer. It is a horrible disease. I spent eight days in the hospital and had to give myself IV antibiotics for a month after I got home. The neurological issues were bad, I was paralyzed almost totally, couldn't talk or eat properly due to it, lost the use of my right leg, etc. Lyme meningitis almost killed me. I am in the chronic category, although right now I have no overt symptoms. I'm taking Beta Glucon 1,3D to boost my immune system, as well as Lactoferrin, vitamin D3 and a few other things.

Rebecca, have your daughter checked again. A Lyme test done within a day or two of the bite most likely won't show signs of the disease yet. If she had the bull's eye, she definitely has Lyme. It may be she beat it herself, but I'd make sure - no one is sure when I actually got bit, although I had taken a tick (definitely a deer tick, it was teeny-tiny) to the doctor about a year ago prior to my getting so sick - he tested me and of course it came up negative, now I'm pretty sure that's when I actually got Lyme. I had no bull's eye - not as many actually get that bull's eye, they're finding.

ToLiveToLaugh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
This thread is terrifying.
Amen! I'm shaking in my boots over here. And any time something brushes me I'm getting freaked out now. I've never been much of a "afraid of bugs" type of person. But that might change now.

Latest posts