Got us a Kitchenaid Mixer!! Now what?!

BarefootMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I got the chopper/shredder attachment for Christmas this year and am in love. :love makes awesome potatoes o brien and I can't wait until canning season!

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We love our kitchenaide. We use it several times a week. I have the grinder attachment and it does a good job on small amounts. The grain mill does not grind grain as fine as I prefer. I have a K-tech mill that makes pastry flour fine flour. Although loud, it is fantastic.

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
congratulations!!!!!
Agree grinder...but I also got the pasta extruder attachment for the grinder...wasn't too much...and we do enjoy freash pasta now...
managed to find a juicer attachment at the thrift store and have used that many times...don't have the icecream bowl, so can\t advise...
but if you managed to find a deal on the three attachment set grinder/juicer/shredder...would be cheaper than getting seperately....
but enjoy...makes fabulous mashed potatoes...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Oh, thanks Cheepo! I"ll have to look out for that set. I know they have a number of sets... some of them are as much as $500.00+ :ep

Having a juicer would be handy, but I don't think I'd use as much as I use my blender for smoothies, but being able to would be helpful...

I love the fact that one machine can do so much! I wouldn't use a lot of those appliances on their own enough to make it worth it to buy each individual one, but to start with this will work well to give us a taste of things to start with (like a grain mill or meat grinder, etc).

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
~gd said:
2dream said:
I love to grind my own hamburger meat. Or I should say I use to grind my own hamburger meat. I also use to make 5 loaves of bread and 3 dozen rolls every week. Now I don't have the time. My Kitchenaide is sitting there waiting on me. It looks at me with sad eyes every weekend. I pet it and hug it so it knows I still love it and remind it - that this too shall pass.
Mine came with jerky making and sausage stuffing attachments but I have never used them. One day though - it will all be back in action.
I was going to mention that far too many of these machines end up on the counter gathering dust. A trophy that says I can afford the best! Frankly they were made for serious food processing, they can be used for a lot of jobs but other machines do them better. As a mixer of large amounts they cant be beat but do you really do that kind of work often?~gd
I don't right now and haven't since my DH has been sick. But yes, for several years I made every piece of bread we ate in that machine plus I sold several loaves of bread and at least 2 dozen rolls a week. I also sold artisian breads occasionally if I had orders. I love making bread and my Kitchenaide Pro Series is the only machine that has the power to mix that kind of dough. Mine is not allowed to get dusty. It is cleaned weekly even though I am not using it right this minute because I know that once I am allowed the time I will be back to serious bread making. But for right now - more important things consume my time.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i got a kitchen aid too..
the big ones i want, the meat grinder with sauage stuffer, the grain mill and the pasta attatchment.
mine didnt come with the dough hook so i want to get that...and i too saw the icecream maker...i wants it lol.

i REALY hope i can get alot of use out of mine...especially once i start getting things going here on the homestead.