gout????

D1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
first off I have never been diagnosed with it just from my own research I feel like this may be why my foot is hurting

I need a remedy other than diet to help control/get rid of this junk

thanks in advance

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh ouch. Been there three times. As far as natural, I got nuthin'.

I don't watch my diet for gout now, but I sure did after I had that first episode, and that was 40 years ago, I was just 19!!

It will go away if you take care of yourself and give it some time. Mine was in my big toe. I took Naproxen regularly and it was gone in a few days.

A neighbor did nothing until his foot looked like a canned ham. He ended up on some prescription medication, still took quite a while to heal up.

My husband has had it a couple times, too. He just hung out in the recliner and took Ibuprofen and was fine in a couple days.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
O YEAH!! Gout!! I've bee living with it for 10 yrs now. Hit me when I was 26 for the first time. Seems to hit me the most in Feb and Nov. Season change in my body. Winter to Sprring. Fall to Winter.

I have tried everything in the past. Cherries, cranberry juice, etc.

The diet change was the biggy. I cut almost all pork from my diet. Especially cold cuts. I don't do very little on the red meat front and seafood is a treat. I don't drink so I'm good there. STAY WAY FROM FROOZEN FAST FOOD!!!

After 10 yrs of it I fianlly went to the doctors and got a pill. That was the final answer and straw. The pain is to much as a get older. Plus the more you go along and don't treat it. The more damage the swelling does on your other areas of the foot.

I don't take the magic pill everyday. I do before big meals that might cause me gout. Like lobster bakes becuase I just can't eat 3 lobsters or 2 lbs of clams. :)

Bottom line gout sucks. The pains is not worth it. A simple blood test will answer whether you have it or not. About 100.00 for the visit and test.
My pills were about 17.00. I have no medical coverage so I have to pay and it was worth it. Now I am pain free most of the yr unless I hurt my foot by accident and then the gout flares up. Take a pill and atleast the pain in knocked down a lot and gone in a day or too. Better than a bed rest for a day or 2 and slight pain for 3 days after that.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
Yep. The pain isn't worth the chance of screwing around with natural remedies. When it hits it cripples you and nothing touches it. You can do a round of steroids but they are a lot worse for you than the pill.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Our family sent gout packing with adding Kombucha as a daily drink.
Never has come back.

terricksa

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Never has come back.
Do you make it yourself? How often did you get the gout?

I really don't want to take meds for it, I read that you can keep making it with the culture?

Thanks for anyhelp.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
terricksa said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
Never has come back.
Do you make it yourself? How often did you get the gout?

I really don't want to take meds for it, I read that you can keep making it with the culture?

Thanks for anyhelp.
It was my mother that had gout. and yes, we make our own. Super easy to do.
Find or purchase a scoby, and follow the set of instructions that seem to best suit you. They can be found on this site and all over the internet.

But, in addition to kombucha, you should also look at what you eat as well.
A clean diet will go a long ways to assisting that kombucha.