Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife's grand plan...

So if we like the property. You and the boys could just build me a house around the one that's there. Build the second story first, then we tear down the original house and build the first story. You would do that for me wouldn't you (as she has that twinkle in her eyes)? Me... You know it.

I'm such a sucker for a sassy pretty blonde. But actually the more I think about it, the more I'm liking the house within a house idea. I'm pretty sure I could pull it off.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you do that, @CrealCritter please post pictures. I want to see the house that ate a smaller house from the top down.

---> IF <--- I sure will post pics. I don't think I could pull it off with conventional stick framing (2x4's). But I believe I could pull it off with post and beam. I have this book that my wife bought for me because she knows I like these kind of things. I hope you can see the how, I could by this picture.
IMG_20200416_225936.jpg

Last edited:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
South west Tennessee just above the state line from Corinth Mississippi.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
South west Tennessee just above the state line from Corinth Mississippi.

One of my sons is a Vice President of a property management firm. They have several pieces of property, they are developing around the Memphis area at the current time.

He sometimes needs to go onsite. When he does he stays in hotels, which he hates. So he might be interested in your house. It looks to be about an hour east of Memphis. Is that about right?

If he was interested in it he would send in one of his crews to fix it up in a week or two. Do you have any pictures to share?

Once this Chinese COVID-19 crap is over, I'll talk to him and see if he's interested or not and let you know.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is cute, but it looks like a nightmare to keep clean with all the barn wood, "stucco" wall finish, rusty metal ceiling, etc.
Good luck with it.
First thing would be to build a nice, big woodshop to work out of for re-building the house.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It is cute, but it looks like a nightmare to keep clean with all the barn wood, "stucco" wall finish, rusty metal ceiling, etc.
Good luck with it.
First thing would be to build a nice, big woodshop to work out of for re-building the house.

It comes with this thing and everything that's in it. Supposed to be a tractor with implements, zero turn mower and two old cars. I see it has electric run to it.

But this thing needs to be picked and placed higher up on a frame. It might could be a good for part of a barn or house roof maybe... IDK
Screenshot_2020-04-17-16-45-38.png

Here the property, there's even a creek for shine.
IMG_20200417_171306.jpg

Last edited:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I can get pics soon. It’s about an hour and a half from Memphis. Neighborhood is relatively quiet out there though. Wouldn’t take much to fix it up. I just put the roof on it in January.