Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I totally understand where you are coming from. Our place was a repo, the people were filthy. No respect for the land, no self respect, no wonder they lost the place. We found 5 bedspring units, toilets, trash of all kinds, not one, but THREE sofas, carpet, broken glass EVERYWHERE, beer cans from one end of this 8 acres to the other, beer bottles thrown up under trees, burn piles all over the place, metal chairs, any and all that they consumed thrown outside. We closed in September 2014, we moved in February 2015. During that time I ripped up floors, painted the whole house, put down unfinished white knotty pine floors, sanded, whitewashed, and finished the floors. When I needed a break, I took a trashbag, went walking until it was full. I'd go home with a dozen trashbags, up to 30 or more. We hired a couple of day workers and they cris-crossed the property picking up trash. They found lots of metal, so DH took one to get his truck. They used bed spring units for side boards, piled metal up higher than the cab, the bumper was almost on the ground. They took it over the scales and had over 1800 pounds! We paid them to pick it all up and gave them $20 to haul it off! They were thrilled and so were we.

I must have picked up 10 five gallon buckets of broken glass, metal shards, nails, screws....... WTF is WRONG with people?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I totally understand where you are coming from. Our place was a repo, the people were filthy. No respect for the land, no self respect, no wonder they lost the place. We found 5 bedspring units, toilets, trash of all kinds, not one, but THREE sofas, carpet, broken glass EVERYWHERE, beer cans from one end of this 8 acres to the other, beer bottles thrown up under trees, burn piles all over the place, metal chairs, any and all that they consumed thrown outside. We closed in September 2014, we moved in February 2015. During that time I ripped up floors, painted the whole house, put down unfinished white knotty pine floors, sanded, whitewashed, and finished the floors. When I needed a break, I took a trashbag, went walking until it was full. I'd go home with a dozen trashbags, up to 30 or more. We hired a couple of day workers and they cris-crossed the property picking up trash. They found lots of metal, so DH took one to get his truck. They used bed spring units for side boards, piled metal up higher than the cab, the bumper was almost on the ground. They took it over the scales and had over 1800 pounds! We paid them to pick it all up and gave them $20 to haul it off! They were thrilled and so were we.

I must have picked up 10 five gallon buckets of broken glass, metal shards, nails, screws....... WTF is WRONG with people?

Wow maybe I shouldn't be angry anymore, sounds like I got off easy compared to you all. Still though, couldn't agree more "WTF is WRONG with people"!

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That’s nothing. People down the road bought 3 acres. They knew about the burned out shell of a home and abandoned mobile home....... SURPRISE!!! They had not one but THREE abandoned mobile homes stashed in the overgrown brush and saplings. They hired friends with equipment, it took several big roll off boxes to haul it all off.

I sowed rye grass seed and Crimson clover over the last couple days. It’s been powder dry, was hoping for rain and we are getting a shower right now! Excited!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A sofa, a box spring, hose reel, numerous plant pots, tremendous amount of barn wood, 6 - 55 gallon full bags of garbage, one bag of aluminum beer/soda cans and counting... Lots of glass bottles beer/wine some broken some not. I cut off at the ground over a dozen sapling stumps. That some lazy ass with a chainsaw was to lazy to bend over and cut them at ground level. My wife and I are about 1/2 way through garbage mountain.

WTF is WRONG with people?

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a name for such people. Mr and Mrs Filthy McNasty.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Our township has a free drop-off at the Garbage dump once a year. They say it has reduced the amount of furniture dumped in the ditches by almost all. They stopped advertising it because people from other areas were bringing in trailer loads of stuff to throw out. It wasn't free for the township to get rid of, just free for the residents to drop off.

Normally we pay $1.50 per bag of garbage, $10 for a TV, and it varies by amount and type for furniture - typically $5 per piece.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our township has a free drop-off at the Garbage dump once a year. They say it has reduced the amount of furniture dumped in the ditches by almost all. They stopped advertising it because people from other areas were bringing in trailer loads of stuff to throw out. It wasn't free for the township to get rid of, just free for the residents to drop off.

Normally we pay $1.50 per bag of garbage, $10 for a TV, and it varies by amount and type for furniture - typically $5 per piece.

We have a burn barrel (55 gallon drum) for paper, cardboard and wood. Also regular garbage pickup every Monday and a county dump for the big stuff.

I just makes me mad people are so flipping disrespectful & lazy. For a guy who recycles anything that can be recycled, it's actually sickening.

Just for example... Even if I were to use the unbroken wine bottles they pushed the cork back into the bottle so no chance of getting that out to clean and sanitize anyways. I picked up a whole stack of major league baseball caps and put in a trash bag. They all were team logo hats, I was probably looking at at least $1000.00 in official baseball swag... It amazes me... if you dont want the hats, ok. But how hard is it to put in a box and take to goodwill? I better stop now before I start swearing.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Garbage mountain is getting smaller and smaller. I found what I think is the front part of a disc. It's a pin type hitch. It's old and heavy duty, has square nuts holding it together. Will I take that to the dump, heck no I'll make use of it for something strange and crazy watch and see :lol: we came upon a few mounds of dirt but I'm afraid what might be under those mounds, so they stay there. o_O

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Years back our area began making mountains at landfills, which eventually became large activity parks. Very forward thinking 50 years ago. The first is now named -- what else?? -- Mt Trashmore. It is a huge recreational area in VA Beach. A couple more are "working".

Composted trash.