Govt Stimulation burning a hole in my pocket.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Near the very top of the first order of business ...

Self sufficient chicken/turkey garden. I plan on a couple of improvements to the original design (link below). By building a traditional A frame roof with rain water collection for both fowl and veggie. Also the coop will be at the head & outside of 100 x 100 with doors to either garden depending on the year. Basically I'll design this to be two 50 x 100 foot gardens with a 6' chain link fence surrounding it all and with a run of chain link down the center to designate garden separation. Also I'll add a run of electric fence down low and another at the top of the fence. To keep unwanted critters away.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Appraisal just came in this evening, and... The appraised value is significantly more than the contract price. Now that's a great feeling, it doesn't get much better than that!

It funny how things just fall into place... Despite the fact that I walked away after the first counter offer. But I had a sad feeling come over me. No mater how hard I tried, I couldn't shake that feeling. That's when I had a talk with my wife and she said something like, I was just waiting for you to come to your senses. My wife has now went into packing overdrive.

We close June 30th and will be moving in slowly over the month of July \o/

my wife and I started pulling T-posts out of the big garden today, they come out real easy with the bobcat, a heavy duty c clamp and a logging chain. My wife's hands were orange from the rusty logging chain. She had me take a picture of them so she could sent it to her friends with the title Orange Woman Bad 😂

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This is going to be fun. Hard work, but fun. You will find your peace in your new home. It just sounds right.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am excited for you two. What fun to move to the new place. I remember the feeling when we moved to our forever place. DH thinks its funny when I say I am leaving this place feet first, but it really seems like the right place for me. One of his favorite things to do when talking to someone about our place is tell me "so-&-so offered me a job, but we will have to move to somewhere else" and I reply with "I'll miss you! I surely will."

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am looking to move hopefully too. Made a deal with people we rent farmland from, on the wife's mothers' house... been empty for 6+ years ; needs a little work but not a ton. Just got it surveyed off the piece of farmland, 2 acres; they didn't want to sell any more land as they have a christmas tree farm there; but we have many places we rent and use for our cattle operation so this is enough for me at the present. Got it real reasonable, hope to have the closing mid-July, and will have to do the work, with a friends husband who said he will fit it in between some of his other jobs, and will probably take about 3 months to get it all done. It is only about 5-6 miles, and I plan to move stuff as I go up the hill and do about a room at a time so I don't have to pack tons of boxes then pile them all up and then unpack everything, and not be able to find things as I want them. The bathroom needs a new tub/shower surround and am looking now. The upstairs bedrooms have plaster falling off the ceiling from a previous water leak that was fixed and has never been a problem since. They are going to come down and he is going to put up a beaded edge board t&g on the ceilings like he puts in the old log homes he rebuilds, fixes and renovates. Cheaper than sheetrock.... cut and stain and up and done. I've seen it in some of the log homes he has done and said HE// ... YES.....love the look and I love wood. About 10,000 worth of work as I want to extend the piping into the walk in attic upstairs for a small shower/bathroom while the downstairs is torn open.... and add a little more electrical to the upstairs bedrooms while the ceilings are down and put electric outlets in the "attic" for the possibility of finishing it off in the future.

Has anyone on here ever had a "jaccuzzi type bathtub". I have a claw foot tub where I am now and love the depth for a soaking bath, but it has been a godsend since I had my ankle replacement as I have a simple seat that goes across it and sets on both sides. It is a very good height to sit on, swing my legs over into and get back out of the tub. All the "normal" bathtubs are so low. I would never have been able to get up with the ankle replacement. I can stand and take a shower, or sit when at first I was not supposed to put full weight on the ankle. I am looking at knee replacements next, and I like the idea of the tub being higher. I may go with another claw foot tub but was looking at these "jaccuzzi tubs" that are much deeper than a regular bathtub, and the sides are higher as a result. Plus, I think the idea of massaging water jets is nice. A "walk in tub" is just more than I really want to put into this place, although they are the best for "us old people and/or handicap" type situations.
My sister has a hot tub, great to relax in, but they require space and alot more maintanance. These 'jaccuzzi tubs" you would fill just like a normal bathtub.