Granddaughters

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not 30 minutes after my granddaughters got here, the oldest (6) told her mom to go home and her suitcase because she's staying with pawpaw :lol: .

After Thanksgiving dinner, I had to pass out I mean I eat so much I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I layed down in the bed and was just about asleep and I swore I felt the bed move. Just about asleep again and I hear a faint scratching sound, then I drifted off into dream land.

Only to be woken up, scared to death by a 4 year old "monster" under my bed. She woke me up sounding like a monster and saying in a soft gruff voice "I'm a monster, I'm under your bed". Good Lord she scared the bejesus out of me. Apparently her mom (my favorite daughter in law) put her up to it. o_O :lol:

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is funny. You weren't supposed to be sleeping, you had granddaughters to play with!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Got to hang out with my granddaughters this evening. I'm good now for a couple more days.
IMG_20201212_204859192.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They sure are growing. My favorite picture of the one on the right is when she was maybe 2, holding and hugging a hen. Adorable.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What kids get to have this much fun with grandparents? YOURS!

They came with coats, grandma had gloves and hats. I put one my sweatshirts on over their coats (layers keeps you warm). My daughter in law said she didn't realize it's so cold out here. Yep colder in corncob, than it is in town that's forsure.

I pulled the truck down into the darkest part of the pasture and the girls climbed in the back and snuggled up, watching the sky. We seen many meteors, it was so much fun, coyotes howling and all. It was just fun being with them and pointing out the constellations. They were amazed that "the sky is so big, with so many stars, you can't count them all." You know after a couple of minutes being in the dark your eyes adjust and you can see so much more..

They will be back on the 21st to see the Bethlehem star, weather permitting.

Last edited:

Latest posts