Grape Jelly recipes

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
what other grapes do you use that make a successful jelly besides concord grapes? I would like to make some jelly with the grape season coming up and not sure if concord grapes will be available.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Muscadine, per the wife
FJ, we are new to growing muscadines. We had a nice small crop growing. We went out one evening to see if they were ready and every single one of them was gone. :( What would have done that and how do you prevent it?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I am afraid I will be of no help. My only experience is through my Mississippi bride and grapes from the wild. Here in Ohio, these grapes were new to me. Prior to this year's travel problems, I was trying to figure out with her family how to get a few buckets to bring north.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
FJ, we are new to growing muscadines. We had a nice small crop growing. We went out one evening to see if they were ready and every single one of them was gone. :( What would have done that and how do you prevent it?
Just about anything will steal your grapes. Birds, racoons, squirrels, and even deer. Sure stinks when you walk out in anticipation of harvesting and find them gone. That happened to a lot of my corn this year. Had a coon who could shuck that corn and clean dozens of cobs overnight. :(

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It very well could have been the birds. They sure know when our figs are ripe! I was able to get 10 pints of Fig Jam made this year. :)

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I tried dehydrating them a couple of years ago. It was my first time and I didn't have much luck with them. :/