Grapes-How to

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Crazy how much they are supposed to grow between year 1 and 2. My grapes look exactly like yr 1, a twig with buds. Lol

conditions vary, soils vary, sunlight varies, if you have buds then you're doing ok. hopefully they will put on more growth this season. they may try to flower but it is better to just snip off any flower buds the first year so it doesn't waste any energy on trying to fruit.

i should have also said that the faster you can pinch or snip them off when they appear the better too.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well... The ty ty grapes are starting to shot up vines. I told my wife it's gonna be so hard to cut all those vines and leave just one. She said yeah I know with a frown on her face. Then she said can you propagate them? I was surprised that she said the word propagate, it turned on a lightbulb 💡

So I got to studying... Grape greenwood cuttings seem pretty easy to root. I'm gonna give it a try. If they take I'll feel better than just letting them wither to die on the ground. But then again, if they take, I'll have so many grape vines I won't know what I'll do with them all. I guess I could pot the ones that take and babysit them till they go dormant. Then try and sell them as 1 year plants next spring.

I really need a green house or something all these plants we got started and attempts at making more plants, is starting to get out of hand quickly...

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well... The ty ty grapes are starting to shot up vines. I told my wife it's gonna be so hard to cut all those vines and leave just one. She said yeah I know with a frown on her face. Then she said can you propagate them? I was surprised that she said the word propagate, it turned on a lightbulb 💡

So I got to studying... Grape greenwood cuttings seem pretty easy to root. I'm gonna give it a try. If they take I'll feel better than just letting them wither to die on the ground. But then again, if they take, I'll have so many grape vines I won't know what I'll do with them all. I guess I could pot the ones that take and babysit them till they go dormant. Then try and sell them as 1 year plants next spring.

I really need a green house or something all these plants we got started and attempts at making more plants, is starting to get out of hand quickly...

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
This is good to know! One if my cuttings has about 7 new green shoots coming!

I as well need a greenhouse.

Latest posts