grasshoppers...UGH!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
eggrookie2010 said:
I was in Tractor Supply 2 days ago to get fly traps and saw like a gallon jug of that stuff - Neem oil- and my husband has some in the tac room. How do you use it? Mix with water and spray? What is the mixture ratio? Do I coat entire plant including fruit?
I got nuthin'. I have never used it before, but I have seen it highly recommended on a bunch of different sites/forums. I take it there's no mixing directions or anything you can actually read on the label? Sometimes the print is soooo tiny, other times you get a booklet and have to dig for basic stuff like that.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used to have huge ones for like 2-3 years,but they are gone now.Disappeared.Kids had fun catching them. I thought I had them again this year, but it turned out to be spring peepers hopping in the grass!

I read of a trap of molasses/water mix in a coffee can buried at ground level. I didn't catch a huge amount.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
eggrookie2010 said:
I was in Tractor Supply 2 days ago to get fly traps and saw like a gallon jug of that stuff - Neem oil- and my husband has some in the tac room. How do you use it? Mix with water and spray? What is the mixture ratio? Do I coat entire plant including fruit?
I don't remember the brand name of the Neem oil we used (it was 5 years ago) but we bought it from Lowe's and the ratio was 2 quarts warm water to 2 Tbspn Neem with a little squirt of dish washing liquid to help keep the Neem suspended in the water (same reason for using warm water and not cold).

This might help explain it some: Neem Oil Insecticide

Hope this is some help!

Dawn