GREAT bargains on Knives!

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
With everyone trying to get the most out of our money (me included) I have found that you can get a heck of a GREAT quality kitchen utinsels buy the older stuff at garage sales and ebay. I have found the I can buy AMERICAN steel knives that are old, but still better than anything knowadays on ebay or garage sales at a VERY cheap price ! Old hickory, Chicago Cutlery are just two that come to mind. These knives have wooden handles and most likely show some wear because they where and are (in my opinion) some very well made peices that you can buy cheap. Look at a cutlery set today and you know what I am saying, let alone the old school American standard which is not seen anymore. These blade hold a GREAT edge and are well worth there money for butchering and standard kitchen duties. I saw a set of old hickory knives sell on Ebay for $8(plus shipping) and it included 6 knives! :D ;)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great advice, thanks.

I have a set of knives down in my extended storage. I picked them up at a yard sale. They were brand new. I think I paid 5 bucks for them.

I should check who made them.

gina

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Cutco knives are really good and I can often find those for $1 at garage sales.

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No matter what level of SS you are the simple things in our kitchen that we take for granted (with out thinking) like good quality utinsels can NOW be purchased and used for pennies on the dollar. Good things to put away for later or used now to save(as they were back then). I will look into the Cutco knives as well. What got me into this was I received my mothers kitchen utility knives when she passed I noticed that she had none of the NEW stuff, she was raised in a poor household, she could shoot a squirell out of a tree with a 22 pistol ( head shot, as not to waist any meat). She taught me alot about livin.

Latest posts