GREEN BEANS!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
:celebrate I stuffed a large paper grocery sack, plum FULL of beans yesterday morning! Our very first batch of the season! Our 'Maters ain't to far behind! :celebrate Gotta :love fresh garden stuff! :weee :weee

Country Momma

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The first row of ours was ready to be picked as well. Had a nice pot of beans with ham hock last night for supper. Ummmmmmm.
I know how you feel about the garden food, nothing better!!! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I'm with you SKR8PN, we harvested our first batch of green beans last week, already ready for a second picking, and so are my peas. We picked our first bell pepper, and the tomatoes aren't far off...harvested a few strawberries that were YUMM-O and cukes are piled on my table!!

LOVE fresh garden stuff!

Oh and I've picked one brocolli crown already with more ready!!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Still waiting for my first beans this year. I'm jealous! And hungry. :lol:

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Last night I made minestrone soup, everything in it except for the oil, romano cheese, pepper and salt came from the garden :weee

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Last night I made minestrone soup, everything in it except for the oil, romano cheese, pepper and salt came from the garden :weee
That sounds SOOOO GOOOOOD! I love it when you can make a meal and it all was raised at home.
I have green beaned my family to death in the last two weeks so tonight we are having brown beans, cornbread, fried potatoes and greens. I will be picking green beans again by Friday. They seem to be doing well this year.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our green beans are not ready yet... :/ We need more sun!! And, what do we get today...but MORE RAIN! It has been raining ALL DAY! I DO have a few green peppers that should be fat and ready soon...and have pickled a few beets...but that it so far. My hands are itching to get canning!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
We needed more RAIN so we get the next round of beans growing...and we got it today!! :weee We also picked the cabbage and the cauliflowers tonight! :celebrate We NEED those tommy-toes to start turning RED :barnie I'M HUNGRY!!! :gig