<<<GREEN>>> House

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I seen this picture on the internet. A green house made of clear plastic water bottles. I also provided a link to the plans below. But I see a short coming with the plans. Big air gaps the way they stacked the bottles. I'm thinking an improvement would cut the bottom off and slide it over top of the cone shaped of the bottle below. Then maybe use a bead of clear silicone to "glue" them together. Repeat until you have the desired height for a single row. Then to build a wall repeat building rows and also "glue" the rows together with a long bead of silicone. This would make very light weight walls / roof. For easy of seasonal assembly / disassembly. Some people are very smart to think of building a greenhouse out of spent water bottles, is all I can say.

Can you think of any other way this could be construed?

bottle-greenhouse.jpg

Link to plans ---> http://www.reapscotland.org.uk/wp-c...astic_Bottle_Greenhouse_Instructions_2004.pdf

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder.... water bottles half full of water all stacked up. Then a clear plastic sheet tacked up to block gaps.

I wonder if half full would help as a heat sink. And at half full they could freeze and thaw without busting.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wonder.... water bottles half full of water all stacked up. Then a clear plastic sheet tacked up to block gaps.

I wonder if half full would help as a heat sink. And at half full they could freeze and thaw without busting.
That is a really good idea, especially in colder zones 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts