Greenhorn

CoxaSapien

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a young guy just getting into the idea of a self sufficient and off the grid lifestyle, itll be a long time before i can get some land but i figure its never to early to learn a thing or two.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
You've found a great place to get started!
Even if you don't have much there is a LOT you can do - making your own laundry detergent (super cheap and really effective!), using simpler things for cleaners, getting away from store bought things, buying a bit more in bulk, canning... you don't have to have land to be really sufficient. It is a mentality. We're moving in that direction, too, and like you, working towards land. I am happy to spend the time we have with close access to things (like the city and resources) to do a lot of learning before we move to a much more remote location.
Enjoy the journey!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:welcome

There is much info here if you browse through the old threads. I like to regularly, so I can commit stuff to memory.

You can even do small stuff in an apartment. Just doing what you can in your situation helps take a burden off the mind I've found.

I grew tomatoes and herbs in pots at my apartment. We had a tiny upright(so I could use the top) freezer so I could save extras for later and eat cheaper. Small steps that help with everything.