Greetings!

CJW

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forum! I heard about it from the BYC forum.

My husband and I and our two boys just moved back to Montana this fall. As I get older, I realize how important it is to be able to be self sufficient...even if it is a little bit at a time. I have even asked my husband if we could be totally off the grid (our own power sources, etc) and he rolls his eyes! I have slowly been changing over our way of life these last few years. It started with wanting to have the best food possible for our family, and it has turned into something more meaningful.

I could go into depths about my inner feelings about why, but it boils down to providing the best food and life for my family while saving money. I have a strong desire to provide for my family, and since I don't work outside of the home, being able to use my time to help minimize grocery costs, illnesses, etc...well, that is right up my alley!

Anyhow, I thought I would say Hi!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:welcome

ETA: Do you have goats yet? (Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! :D )

ETA Again: Sorry, did I say that out loud? It is after midnight here on the East coast....

country freedom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome
You can't go wrong here.
Everyone here is at different levels of being self sufficient.
It's hard when you are the only one trying and others around you (family), don't want to give up on anything "convenient". << This is where I am at. :rolleyes:
Look around the Sisters Forums - we all are at different stages.
If you don't already know, scroll down to the bottom and you will see other sites at the bottom.

Backyard Chickens
Easy Garden
Sufficient Self
Backyard Herds

Have fun!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome I'm new here myself, but am loving this. And, I also have a family that's not overly interested in being SS. But, when my kids have friends over, they're always excited when they realize that we have chickens and goats. (And their friends are all in the upper teens, to young adult ages!)