Grocery Game?

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Grocery Game site?
They have been talking about it on our local news station. Saying it can save you $100's of dollars in food bills. Just curious about it.

They need to talk to some of you about saving and being more self sufficent. HeHe! boy would they be surprised at how much they can save growing your own garden, canning it and butchering your own meat.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've heard about it.. but I think rememebering you had to buy a membership or something?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
I have not heard about it either. However, back here in the sticks where I live, we're still waiting to hear if the Wright brothers were successful.:rolleyes:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hi Coopy...I do the grocery game and have saved a small fortune.

The idea is that you subscribe to particular stores...they provide you with a List every week showing the best deals combining coupons and sales. It lists things that do not require coupons as well, like which meats, fruits and veggies are at rock bottom price.

You can sign up for a 4 week trial for $1. Totally worth it...give it a shot. It is great for stockpiling. Maybe you cook a lot from scratch and don't do snack foods or convenience frozen foods, but there is laundry stuff, shampoo, soap, lotions, cold meds, pain relievers, deodorant, TP, tooth paste,razors, baking goods, the list goes on and on.

I am lucky that some of my stores double coupons and frequently I am able to stock up on items that I get at 75% off.

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks Dace. After the trial period how much does it cost a month?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
It depends on how many store lists you want. The first one is $10 every 8 weeks and each additional is $5 for the 8 weeks.

I use a lot of coupons (well not lately, I am only buying must haves) but typically I get Sunday papers ($6) and then I factor about $2.5 per week for the Grocery Game and I was saving a lot every week....way more than I spent to play.

Until recently, I had easily a years worth of shampoo & conditioner...name brands most for about .33cents ea. A years worth of deod & toothpaste...no more that .25 cents each...hand soap .30cents, razors, tampons...you name it. When it comes around cheap I use every coupon I can find and stock up. All the name brands that we like too.

By signing up for multiple stores I find I can stockpile more quickly. There is a bit of a learning curve to the game but it really is fun to walk out of the grocery store with so much and laugh to yourself at how much you actually paid.

As I said I am on a little break right now, as soon as finances even out a bit I will be back to my serious coupon shopping!

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
there was another one mentioned on a tv show where they talked about the grocery game, where you can buy coupons but I dont remember what that one was. Anybody know?

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
You can buy coupons on a few sites, listed on the Grocery Game site. Ebay and someplace else, I forget. Actually it is illegal to buy coupons, but you pay a 'clipping fee' which is legal.

I have never bought coupons, I just get them out of my paper, sort and file them so that they are easy to find.