Ground Hog. Got one!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Well, the apple didn't work. Next thing I'm going to try is some bread.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Well, the apple didn't work. Next thing I'm going to try is some bread.
oopsies. Maybe a philly cheesesteak?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Nope, just the bread. I went camping a few years ago. We forgot to put the bread away. I got woke up when I heard the ground hogs up on the table getting into the bread. So, I figure it's worth a try. :/

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I never tried the bread, but I googled to try and find info. They suggested cantaloupe. My son set the trap and left it in my garden. I got nothing. So, I moved it and put it in my green house. Still nothing. I checked it everyday, and was striking out. Finally, I stopped checking it.

Today, I got the feeling that I needed to check it. I didn't really expect to find anything in it. Well, I was wrong! There's a ground hog in it! And, it did not look very happy to be there. Guess I'll be resetting the trap tomorrow!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:thumbsup Glad you got that one...maybe its "friends" will leave. YIKES, ground hogs!!!

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had them digging under my fence around the pumpkin patch. I took human hair (swept up from a barber shop) and lined the perimeter of the fence with it. It has worked, for a month, so far... It is not the most attractive thing- but if your gardens aren't right out front- it works! Congrats on getting one of them!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
My DH's parents live in Michigan. While visiting them, he trapped one from under the house, and put it in the oven that night. Used a mustard rub and roasted it at 350*, after first searing it in frying pan. He said it was delicious; had a very slight musky flavor, and was very rich, tender and fatty.