Growing BOSS for Feed

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I will just buy a bag of BOSS bird seed and feed extra to my chickens!

After reading the extension documents, my plan is to plant in north-south rows and broadcast white clover seed to fix nitrogen for the sunflowers. I also plan to broadcast Bt corn cob (Mosquito Bits unless I can find something cheaper) to prevent and control sunflower moths.

That was so much easier than I expected. Now to transfer it to my calendar and remember to actually do it. :gig

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the tip! I will just buy a bag of BOSS bird seed and feed extra to my chickens!

After reading the extension documents, my plan is to plant in north-south rows and broadcast white clover seed to fix nitrogen for the sunflowers. I also plan to broadcast Bt corn cob (Mosquito Bits unless I can find something cheaper) to prevent and control sunflower moths.

That was so much easier than I expected. Now to transfer it to my calendar and remember to actually do it. :gig
When feeding BOSS to chickens, remember that it is a low protein high fat food. Feed it as a treat only. The total of all treats should not be more than 10% of the total diet.

Latest posts