Growing Peppers Indoors

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS6 grew bell peppers in a patio pot. Internet says that they grow as a perennial in tropical climates. :eek: I'm thinking to bring his pepper pot indoors for winter and see if we can keep it going.

His potted pepper didn't grow as well as if it was planted in the garden. Any ideas why or tips to keep his plant growing?

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS6 grew bell peppers in a patio pot. Internet says that they grow as a perennial in tropical climates. :eek: I'm thinking to bring his pepper pot indoors for winter and see if we can keep it going.

His potted pepper didn't grow as well as if it was planted in the garden. Any ideas why or tips to keep his plant growing?
I recommend starting fresh indoors by planting seeds. When you bring plants in from outdoors you often bring pests in too.

I have grown King Arthur indoors successfully. Use a good quality potting soil and do "feed" the plant nutrients on a regular basis. Don't over water.

I have an 8' fluorescent light with daylight LED bulbs that I have on a timer for 13 hours a day. One can go longer. I would not go shorter than 12 hours a day.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
True about the bugs!

I brought in a few plants from outside to try and overwinter... and YES they are buggy.

I am trying to make sure they stay isolated. I tried rinsing them off in the shower... I think I need to do that again tomorrow.

I also bought some bug spray that I pray is toxic enough to kill stuff... and non-toxic enough to not hurt us! But... I haven't used it yet. I hate that kind of stuff.

But.... winter is trying to start,no way is it warm enough to start seeds now...but so far the established plants look ok.