Growing/Raising food section?

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm surprised that isn't here:
Gardening - veggies, herbs, landscape, flowers, seed trading section, composting, vermiculture
Bees
Aquafarming
Livestock - cows, chickens, goats, sheep, rabbits, gamefowl, etc

Would anyone be interested in a Growing/Rasing Food section? :p

>^.^<

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Sounds OK to me but this site has three sister sites that deal pretty much with those topics.

BackYardChickens
BackYardCows
TheEasyGarden

I think most of us are on two or more of the sites already. That might be why those topics haven't been discussed much.

I really like the aquafarming. Maybe we can get some sections for livestock other than cattle and chickens. And bees.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yep, but they are going to tell you to visit The Easy Garden for gardening and Backyard Chickens for chickens and Backyard Cows for cows....bees? They don't have a backyard bees yet, but give 'em time! :D

I would like to have all my queries on one site, so I'm all for it! :)

Bebop

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I guess your right about some of those topics, but I think the rest should be added. I like the idea of going to a single forum for questions and sharing of ideas. This kind of website could support those topics and then for more indepth questions members can be suggested to visit those other forums. I'm not actually registered on anything else except BYC.. I might be a part of TEG, but I can't remember heh.
Right now, I just have so many usernames and passwords to keep track of (sometimes I don't use the same password for all of them), as well as forums (sometimes I forget what forums I belong to and it makes me join even more! (which could be a good or a bad thing)).
Meh, it's just a suggestion though. I'm sure there are even more forums just on these topics!
>^.^<

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I know what you mean, Bebop, about all the forums! I've kind of settled down to just the one but will occasionally jump over to BYC. Its kind of big and moves pretty fast, so I don't feel they need my patronage anyway.

I'd like to see this forum become a one-stop shopping place for people who are interested in the multifacted thing that is self-sufficiency.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I would like to see a section for bees and one for goats!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I am easily swayed.

I spend more time here than on BYChickens. BYC has gotten so big and it moves so fast I can't keep up. I have many friends over there but I don't have much contact with them because I don't spend as much time there now that I have to work. Darn working, it sure gets in the way.

If I need more information on chickens I know where to go. Gardening, I'm not there yet.
Cows, I'm registered but not ready for raising cows.

Self sufficiency is such a broad topic we could easily cover almost anything.

I forgot what all I wanted to say. :hu

I think that as we continue to grow more topics will be added as need be.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I use the same user name and password everywhere, and I do mean everywhere, it's just easier. v I'm on so many forums it would be impossible to keep different ones straight!

There's no way all of that could be under one forum, the management of it would be a bear. There are already two great forums for beekeeping out there, Beemaster and Beesource, I don't see why it needs to be repeated here - there are hotlinks at the bottom of each of these forums to The Easy Garden and BYC, it's easy enough to navigate between them.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I would love to see these topics here too. This is the only forum I belong to as I have no more time for others. Between my animals, children, homeschooling & housework who has time to jump around between more forums? Not me!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And yet you're jumping around to different subforums here. There's really no difference, it's just a click! I don't see a huge gardening forum developing here, one already exists at TEG, quickly jumped to at the bottom of each page here.