Hair cut (trash to treasure)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wife just measured my hair l, it's just shy of 16" long. Wigs for kids requires a minimum of 14" so I'm good to donate my hair. I only grow my hair long to donate it. Kids are awesome and hopefully some little girl will get to wear my hair.

I can wait to get it cut. It's not bad during the winter but man the stuff is hot during the summer. I'll post a after pic once I get it cut.

Dang Hippie :lol
IMG_20180603_222452.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No gray hair!

Nope... I got the hair gene from my dad, who got it from his mom. My dad is
82 years old, still has a full thick head of hair and not even one gray hair. My mom however is all gray and has been every since I can remember. My sister got my mom's hair gene and is all gray also. Guess I just lucked out, so why not donate it.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter , I got my hair cut once for locks of love. It was halfway down my back. They braided it befor cutting it, and the braid was thick and over a foot long. But the place where I got it cut didn't ship it. They just bagged it for me to ship to them.
Yeah. Not too long ago, we cleaned our storage before we moved, and there was that braid, still in the bag waiting to be shipped. :confused:I wonder what the statute of limitations is on hair. :lol:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
You have lovely hair and it's awesome what you're doing! Mine's very long (loose and straight it's at the top of my thighs now), so I hear you on HOT in summer. I've been threatening to cut it and donate it to be turned into wigs for cancer patients as well, but didn't get round it yet. I should.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
10 - ponytails between 14 & 16" all ready to be sent to wigs for kids monday. Friend of my daughter inlaw who cut my hair said, good Lord you got thick hair. 4 to 6 ponytails hu? I think you got that covered. Wigs for kids is gonna love making wigs out of this thick wavy hair. I figured out it took me 2 years and 4 months to grow hair this long.
IMG_20180623_114939531.jpg

After... Here's my new hair cut. It was a cakewalk, #3 setting on the clippers. Cold air on the back of my neck feels strange now and my head feels a lot lighter now also.
IMG_20180623_122017.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter , I got my hair cut once for locks of love. It was halfway down my back. They braided it befor cutting it, and the braid was thick and over a foot long. But the place where I got it cut didn't ship it. They just bagged it for me to ship to them.
Yeah. Not too long ago, we cleaned our storage before we moved, and there was that braid, still in the bag waiting to be shipped. :confused:I wonder what the statute of limitations is on hair. :lol:

You could check the website ---> https://www.wigsforkids.org maybe even call them Monday if you can't find the answer. It's for a good cause!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow, what a difference! You did a good thing for children.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
CC, that looks great! Will you grow it out again and do the same thing? If you do, you should check out the unconventional hygiene thread about the Curly Girl method of growing longer, healthier hair when you have curly and wavy hair. Guys do it too...you could even call it the Curly Critter method! :gig