Halloween costume?!

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My son just turned 11. He has a habit of wanting very weird costumes. I am willing to make them, but they have to be either dirt cheap, or can be used later as pajamas. Well, this year he decided he wanted to be a mouse inside a wedge of swiss cheese. The mouse costume is easy...grey sweatpants and hoodie, and I have an old gray shirt that I can cut ears and a tail from and tack on. But the cheese?!? I have no idea how to construct a cheese costume! I was thinking maybe either a yellow tunic-like thing that I could cut holes in? Or maybe a cardboard contraption that I could paint yellow?! Does anyone have any bright ideas? I know so many of you are crafty and creative, and my creative ideas have hit a brick wall on this one!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Big cardboard box, cut one side off to make triangle. tape it together, cut a hole in the top and bottom to fit over him, paint it yellow!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I'd do as well.

Cardboard boxes are underrated when it comes to costume ideas. Years ago, I took one, made it into a CB radio, and used that for a costume. It didn't cost me a dime and I had people giving me extra candy cuz they said it was the best costume they had seen. :lol:

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, Baymule, I was thinking of something like that, I just couldn't picture in my mind how to do it. I guess now all I have to do is find a humungous box! Thanks! And you're right, Deb, boxes are way underrated. :)

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
One year my son went as a road, complete with roadkill. I got him some black sweat pants and shirt, painted a yellow orange stripe all the way up and down, and pinned a stuffed animal to the stripe.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Does he have a toy cat, or do you know someone who does? He could carry that as well.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so lucky said:
One year my son went as a road, complete with roadkill. I got him some black sweat pants and shirt, painted a yellow orange stripe all the way up and down, and pinned a stuffed animal to the stripe.
:lol::lol: that's just wrong. :gig