Hand cream

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm with Morel and Shania! I use Bag Balm for nearly everything!!! Animal wounds, cracked feet and hands, wounds on the bark of my apple trees....it works for everything! :woot

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey inchy
I get the crack bleeding fingers also. Be sure to put Neosporin or something on first. You need to heal up that skin.......once it is healed up a bit, use something thick, like bag balm or such type cream. every night....and a biggie, if you wash your hands in water alot like me, use gloves. they honestly save your hands.....rubber gloves for hand washing dishes. water dries my hands terribly, but farming means washing hands constantly...ugh.

best advice, heal up the cracks then slather on some natural type cream. I do and it sure helps.

SheriM

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi. I've just joined the forum, so I'm catching up on all the posts. Not to toot my own horn too loudly here, but I make an amazing goats' milk lotion that everyone seems to swear by. I work in the health care field, too, and wash my hands a lot. Between that and the horribly drying hand santizers we use, my hands were a mess. I make a special formula for extra dry skin with lavender and calendula and it really helps heal the cracks. If I haven't been using the lotion as often as I should and the cracks get really bad, I have a goats' milk healing salve that really does the trick.

I do sell these products, so I'm a little hesitant to post the exact recipe, but if you google homemade goat milk lotions, you'll come up wth tons of them to try. I believe the key is, in addition to the wonderful properties of goats' milk, in the essential oils. As I mentioned above, lavender and calendula are great.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I love cocoa butter but it's becoming hard to find any without Glycerine in it. Glycerine dries my skin, I can't stand it and have to read ingredients carefully to avoid it.
I tried a fantastic cream that was cocoa butter, beeswax and vanilla. Some booth at a renaissance fair had it and I've never seen it since.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I use almond oil or 100% natural shea butter.

Latest posts