Handy pest control cheat sheet

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This stuff works and does what it says it does. Notice the ingredients and quantities, Sodium laureth sulfate, an accepted contraction of sodium lauryl ether sulfate, is an anionic detergent and surfactant found in many personal care products. SLES is an inexpensive and very effective foaming agent.
IMG_20190725_173643.jpg

IMG_20190725_174556.jpg

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Here's a photo of the DIY Japanese Beetle trap/collector I made. The zip lock bag is held in place by the cap of the ammonia bottle which has had the top of the cap cut off. I hold the jug under a cluster of JB, and tap above them with a stick or fly swatter. On a cloudy day, they will simply drop into the jug, slide down the chute and into the bag. I then fill the bag with water, and dump the cluster of beetles out into the bird's water dish. Usually, a trip around my yard will yield a cup of JB. I may do this several times/day during peak season.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Here's a photo of the DIY Japanese Beetle trap/collector I made. The zip lock bag is held in place by the cap of the ammonia bottle which has had the top of the cap cut off. I hold the jug under a cluster of JB, and tap above them with a stick or fly swatter. On a cloudy day, they will simply drop into the jug, slide down the chute and into the bag. I then fill the bag with water, and dump the cluster of beetles out into the bird's water dish. Usually, a trip around my yard will yield a cup of JB. I may do this several times/day during peak season.

Pretty slick there chick :)