Happy Harvest Moon.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
May everyone have a bountiful harvest.

It also seems the predators are harvesting as well. Keep and eye on those animals. Strange full moon. :/

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love the Harvest Moon!

Our garden harvest is winding down. Lots of deer feeding heavily in the milo field next to our place, lots of cover for predators, too. No free ranging for the girls until after that's harvested...hopefully soon.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Marianne said:
I love the Harvest Moon!

Our garden harvest is winding down. Lots of deer feeding heavily in the milo field next to our place, lots of cover for predators, too. No free ranging for the girls until after that's harvested...hopefully soon.
our summer gardens are winding down too. today i actually pulled up some tomatoes! i hope i can make the fall gardens last... the weather guy said that we have 3 weeks until the first frost....yikes! we usually get some nice weather after so i'll try and get everything covered.

and yep we've got tons of predators on the loose. yikes!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I hope your harvests are wonderful. Still harvesting some herbs, but the extreme heat really messed things up for our summer crop. I just planted part of my cool season crops today. Maybe it will make up for it. :fl

R2D2

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Rounding up the last of my tomatoes, eggplants and peppers.Have a nice crop of red raspberries going and lots of figs getting ripe.Kale for fall/winter use is about 4 inches now, will make winter tunnels to protect.Garlic will go in in oct.Had a pretty good season , the Harvest moon is beautiful...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Last night my dd 8 yo and I watched the moon rise. It was just beautiful. I will take a pic as it sets this morning. As for my harvest I still have a lot to do.

G

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
It seems like there is so much to do still. Once the harvest is complete there should be a canning/processing moon. :lol:

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can someone please remind me about what makes it a "harvest" moon? I think a blue moon is a second full moon in the same month but I don't remember about the Harvest moon.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
The moon is full and very bright and just right to let you harvest straight through the night since daylight isn't enough to finish :)