HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving All!

My 15 yr old DD got up early (for her) with me this morning to have coffee and help me start the cooking, it was nice to have company :)
Got Stuffing done - half in a pan and half for in the bird, got my veggies roasted off for my gravy, cinnamon rolls are cooking now and I am about to stuff the bird and plop him in the oven then start on the taters.

Family comes over at about 1pacific time...should be a lovely day!
Oh, yeah...today is by birthday :)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving right back atcha :)

It's just going to be me, DH and the two kids (and mooching cats) but we're having one of our home-raised chickens, green beans frozen from the garden last summer, corn frozen from the farmer's market, and our very last fresh-growing lettuce and picked-green-basement-ripened tomatoes of the year :)

Then Saturday my b-i-l and m-i-l are coming over to celebrate m-i-l's birthday, and I'm doing the whole darn thing all OVER AGAIN, only with a lot more side dishes. I am going to be up to my eyeballs in leftover chicken and chicken broth :p

I am thankful for having some free space in my big freezer LOL

Pat, actually thankful for much more than that, but the freezer thing is not entirely negligable

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Found this and wanted to add it:

May your stuffing be tasty

May your turkey plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have never a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Dace said:
Happy Thanksgiving All!

My 15 yr old DD got up early (for her) with me this morning to have coffee and help me start the cooking, it was nice to have company :)
Got Stuffing done - half in a pan and half for in the bird, got my veggies roasted off for my gravy, cinnamon rolls are cooking now and I am about to stuff the bird and plop him in the oven then start on the taters.

Happy Birthday!!! :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet

sclanimals

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I want to post the many blessings I am so thankful for today! Most of all my wonderful husband Scott, my beautiful children that keep life interesting. My small farm and my chickens. My extended family and my huge circle of loving friends! All of these make my life worth living and I am so thankful that I have them all!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Dace said:
Happy Thanksgiving All!

Happy Birthday Dace!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving!

We are thankful for all our Blessings!

Hope everyone had a great day!

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I had a great day, lots of cooking but great to have family together.

Its also my daughter's birthday today and it was my son's birthday yesterday so we had cake and presents after the big dinner.

I am exhausted but the best part is all the leftovers so no cooking tomorrow. :)

Latest posts