1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Best shop ideas - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Family Life' started by CrealCritter, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Nov 24, 2018
    Britesea

Britesea Sustainability Master

maybe they prefer their food to come from the grocery store, where no animals have been harmed?

sumi, baymule, Hinotori and 2 others like this.
  2. Nov 24, 2018
    CrealCritter

CrealCritter Super Self-Sufficient

I don't even try anymore to try and get them to eat my garden veggies. My FIL had garden for years but he poured Seven all over it. Even if he seen an ant out came the Seven and he wondered why he never got much from his garden.

They won't eat much out of my garden because my garden has bugs. My FIL walked through my garden once and said wow I never seen so many bugs in a gaden before. I said yeah what kind of bugs did you see? Praying mantis's and lady bugs all over the place. I said good and his jaw about dropped on the floor -:lol

sumi and baymule like this.
  3. Nov 24, 2018
    baymule

baymule Sustainability Master

With all due respect to your in-laws....keep biting your tongue. But they aren't my in-laws.....you just can't fix stupid.

My sister won't eat at my house because I might serve her one of my cute little animals that I murdered. Like I said.....You just can't fix stupid.

tortoise likes this.
  4. Nov 24, 2018
    CrealCritter

Yep sure did, fixed it today. Told my son if this doesn't work, then we'll cut the Ford emblem off the grill and it'll start then :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    tortoise and sumi like this.
  5. Nov 24, 2018
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Super Self-Sufficient

Obviously FIL doesn't know the good from bad bugs. AND seven is used by organics, he just didn't know that. Can't understand why eggs from your hens are "not natural" -- where the heck does he think the old ones from the grocery come from?? Or, does he eat the chemical liquid ones? Yeah, that's natural!!!

And same with your sister, Bay. I will assume she is not vegan, so those chickens just undressed and gutted themselves to wait in the grocery for her??

(If they can do that we need to find what breed they are, would sure same us some time!:cool:)

Sometimes I am just AMAZED by stupid. :lol:

6. Nov 25, 2018
    CrealCritter

Well the old Ford committed sucide. He had it out on the hiway going about 70 when the timing chain or camshaft gear cut loose. Of course Ford in their "Built Ford Tough" wisdom, runs the oil pump off the camshaft. So needless to say by the time he got it on the shoulder it was already grinding internal engine metal.

7. Nov 25, 2018
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Fords are junk. Bummer to lose the truck though. Maybe next time he'll buy a Chevy. :)

8. Nov 25, 2018
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Sustainability Master

My dad would never have a Ford. He always said F.O.R.D. stands for" Found On Road Dead and/or Fix Or Repair Daily.

However - I did have an old Ford tractor that lasted for ever...

9. Nov 25, 2018
    baymule

baymule Sustainability Master

It sucks to have a truck crater out on you, no matter what make it is.

frustratedearthmother likes this.
  10. Nov 25, 2018
    CrealCritter

If Ford's were engineered better, they would be good trucks. Something went stupid in the early 70's though and they changed a lot of mechanical stuff and how it operates. I mean to have the oil pump, that runs off the cam shaft is just plain dumb, in my mind. So you throw the timing chain and loose oil pressure at the same time, i mean duh... Engine suicide supid, stupid, stupid...

But then again Chevy's are a just little better engineered. Currently I have a knock sensor out on my pickup. It's not anything detrmental, it just feeds data to the computer to adjust timing to increase MPG. But in order to replace both knock sensors, I have to remove the intake manifold because the sensors are under the intake :( again stupid engineering... They could have placed the knock sensors on the outside of the engine block just as easily. But no... Let's make them tear down the top of the motor to replace them. Again pretty stupid in my mind... Duh

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018