Happy to be Me--Settling In

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Haven't gotten much done lately. That headache turned into a five day bad dream! Finally went to the dr yesterday to make sure it wasn't something serious (yeah, I know, it took me five days? got a good chewing out from the nurse...:hide). With the stress of getting all this move organized and the lifting/moving, etc, I have just aggravated the degenerative disc problem I have in my neck so with brief stint of some anti-inflammatory meds and muscle relaxer along with daily trips to the chiropractor all should be back to normal very shortly. I'm very glad I have a chiropractor who charges just a small weekly fee. He is actually a pretty amazing person and a dying breed of dr. He has beyond reasonable rates and if you don't have insurance or your insurance doesn't cover chiropractic care, ours doesn't, he has set weekly rates for cash patients who come regularly. And when you are having a problem, he wants you to come back every day for as long as it takes for you to feel better--which is why he only charges for one visit so that you will come back. I am sure I would be much better off if I followed all of his healthcare advice too! He believes in eating for your blood type, taking natural supplements for ailments whenever possible and trying to stay away from chemically processed foods and materials processed with certain chemicals (ex: new carpets). Yeah, he's pretty unhappy that with my history of severe headaches, we are purchasing a trailer...!:hide And our general practioner completely supports the chiropractor--he told me at my first visit that all he could for me was give me medications continually or send me to a chiropractor or surgeon. He suggested that my best course of action was to see the chirpractor and use meds on a limited basis only when needed. At least he was perfectly honest that he would not be able to fix my condition. So thankful that we have wonderful doctors that aren't just trying to make a quick $ and just hand out meds but actually work with us to find the root of the problem! I saw a different dr for nearly 4 years and never once did she get to the root of the problem--just lots of various meds. First visit to our current dr and he asked a ton of questions and then took an x-ray--bingo! My headaches come from a severly degenerated area in my neck caused by a car accident over 20 years ago that went untreated. So if you are ever in a car accident, no matter how small or how well you feel--go get some x-rays! The worst part is that my daughter was with me in that accident (we were rear-ended) and since we both seemed fine we didn't go to the dr. Stupid, stupid, stupid!! :he

We did get a few outdoor items hauled out to the farm the other day. Some 4x4 posts from an old shop we had to tear down on this property, and nearly 200 hundred bricks that we found in various places when we bought this house, nothing major, but it was a little bit. Also have been doing a little work on this place to get it ready to sell. Guess we have made some progress but that has been due to hubby being industrious, not me! I'm feeling pretty good this morning so should be on the upswing and start to get more accomplished. I have to--move date is coming up on us fast!!

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad you're getting that taken care of! Headaches from neck/back problems are the pits. But good doctors can make all the difference, so I'm glad you have one.

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DianneS--had just logged on and saw your reply and your link at the bottom to your blog had me intrigued wondering what it was about. Got through the first page of posts and can't wait to go read the older ones--especially your visit to the Phillipines. I've seen a couple of posts on here and thought how fascinating it must be there. Now I get to finish reading about your adventures!:)

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Aw, thanks! I always like hearing that. Hope you enjoy it.

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sitting down and taking a short break from packing stuff this morning. Trying not to over-do it yet--I'll save that for the next couple of weeks. :hide Made good progress on getting a final schedule yesterday. Having some leveling done and a couple more trees taken out on Thursday, trailer will get set up on Monday, the well starts getting drilled on Monday, the septic tank and electricity for trailer get done on Wednesday. By the end of next week, everything will hopefully be finished and we can start moving out there! :weee

Going to be an interesting week and I am mentally preparing for it to all take longer than I think it should! Also trying to plan which things to move first and what items we need help with. At least we will be able to take our time and get things put away as we take them out there. I know I'll still have a bunch of stuff to figure out once the basics are there and sorted, but it will get done a little at a time. The important thing will be to get our stuff out of our current house and do the last minute fixes to get it on the market.

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Things are progressing. Some faster than expected, others slower. Ive been at the property every day this week and there have been a lot of changes. The trailer is finally in place. It has taken three days to get it there, but it looks good in the place we chose. The septic tank was put in place today and that was interesting to watch. They started drilling the well today and hit water at 230 feet. They are cementing in a portion of the pipe today and will give it tomorrow to dry and will finish drilling on Friday and hopefully have the tank installed and all pumping properly by the end of that day. We also have the electric coming on Friday now instead of today as planned as the trailer being delayed really moved things back. Even worse on the trailer is that the finishing crew for the inside wont start until next Wednesday and it will take them a week or a week and a half to finish. So looks like the first weekend in November will be when we move.

The work on the farm house is going better than expected though. The new roof got put on yesterday and the windows went in today. On Monday, we had gotten a lot of demo and clean-up work done so that is really looking good. Still not liveable, but getting there.

I will be glad when this week is overit is week with the most work being done by contractors. It is also the expensive week and the week where the project budget runs out! After this it is do what we can, as we can and most of it will be done by us from here on out. Dont expect to be able to do much more to the property until we sell this house, but this will get us living out there and the rest will come together bit by bit. And I am sure I will be surprised by what we get done just by living out there and being able to work on it more.

Ill try to post some pics later. It doesnt even look like the same place.

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Nothing exciting going on today. Have spent the day here at home since there wasn't anything terribly exciting going on out at the property. Tomorrow though I will be back out there again. The electricity is going in and the well company will be back out. Hopefully the crew that is supposed to do the finishing work on the trailer will also be there since I called the dealer and asked why it was going to be so long. The dealer wasn't aware of that issue and was working on it to get them there. It has been nice to be home and do some normal stuff today. Got several loads of laundry done, some ironing, a bit of cleaning and some baking. So a nice relaxing day but still productive.

Finally got some more pictures off of the camera so here a couple. One of the farm house with it's new roof and while the windows were going in and one of the trailer set in place.

5342_dscn1987.jpg

5342_dscn1993.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It looks nice and I'm jealous. :cool:

Happy to be Me

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks! I think this is pretty much what it will look like for a while but we have lots of grand plans for "someday"! We are really excited for when we get to move out there and enjoy it.