Harbor Freight Stove?

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My husband bought one for the garage so he doesn't freeze while taking his motorcycle apart, again. For no apparent reason.... He's happy with it.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I have been eyeballing that stove for months!! I think it would be perfect for my 600 sq ft cabin! And you can cook on it!!

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
terri,

does hubby ride a harley, if so it is a constant tinker, the tweaks and adjustment will never end.
dawn419 and i ride a '99 xlc, we're completly rebuilding the front end after some moron in a cage ran his red light. we took the fool in the lexis broadside, totaled the lexis and our bike landed on her kickstand. we landed 20 yards down the road broken, battered and scarred.
sorry this is about that killer little wood stove, i would totaly use one in my "hog shed" that said it is kinda small, i don't know if such a small wood box could keep even a smaller, ie less than 700 sq ft cabin warm all night here in zone 7 arkansas. i'd want something with a bit more bollocks to last through the night. but for instant heat in a small sq footprint this little stove would be the bomb.

doc

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
After reading some reviews on this particular stove, I don't think I would purchase it. Firstly it is made in China and secondly, several reviews stated that it leaked smoke really badly. I also found out that this stove is prohibited in my county.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read some reviews on the leaking too. Wonder if it could be fixed.I looked at US stoves and they are 2k and up.Well atleast the ones I was looking at.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mattemma said:
I read some reviews on the leaking too. Wonder if it could be fixed.I looked at US stoves and they are 2k and up.Well atleast the ones I was looking at.
My husband has used his quite a bit and has had no issues with smoke. Maybe they just didn't get a tight fit with the flue pipe. Hubby did use duct tape on the joints. The actual metal like stuff made for heating ducts, not the clothlike fix everything stuff.

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
terri,

does hubby ride a harley, if so it is a constant tinker, the tweaks and adjustment will never end.
dawn419 and i ride a '99 xlc, we're completly rebuilding the front end after some moron in a cage ran his red light. we took the fool in the lexis broadside, totaled the lexis and our bike landed on her kickstand. we landed 20 yards down the road broken, battered and scarred.
sorry this is about that killer little wood stove, i would totaly use one in my "hog shed" that said it is kinda small, i don't know if such a small wood box could keep even a smaller, ie less than 700 sq ft cabin warm all night here in zone 7 arkansas. i'd want something with a bit more bollocks to last through the night. but for instant heat in a small sq footprint this little stove would be the bomb.

doc
Nope. It started life as a 2007 Honda shadow. Now I call it franken bike. He finds something he likes and figures out how to make it fit. Give me a frame and motor and we could build another bike from the leftovers.

Latest posts