Have I gone overboard on Recycling/Reuse?

McNugget

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my herb garden! Fresh herbs always make food taste better and the herbs can be dried for storage. Have you priced the cost of herbs lately?. I recycled/reused a leaky bathroom fixture as a herb pot (tank and bowl are both full of soil and seeds). It wasn't good for it's original purpose any longer and why toss it in a landfill when I found another use for it! Plus it makes a great yard ornament and conversation piece.
1771_kodak_024.jpg

Some folks think I've gone overboard, but HEY! This thing in a landfill was going to be filled with soil anyway right?:D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
one of my friends uses old sink :) i don't see any difference!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I saw a toilet used to anchor a mil box before. I have a cast iron tub in my yard. It's where my girls plant their flower seeds every year.:thumbsup

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are currently buying a home for my FIL to live in. I knew I wanted it because they used things like an old tub and even old boots in their landscaping design. My kind of people! ;)

McNugget

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've seen folks use bathtubs as watering troff for live stock.

Flower pots are a good use for them too!

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Maybe someone could use the whole bathroom suite outside. Bathtub, sink, toilet. That would be pretty. :p

McNugget

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:ep Maybe thats why folks think I've gone overboard, it's an herb pot not a flower pot... hmmm.... I guess I won't tell them WHICH herbs came from the bathroom fixture :duc