Have y'all seen this yet?

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have not read the whole thing,but I would not be surprised.While it has only been in fiction stories I have read similar things for the Katrina aftermath.Military(or any type of armed *authority*) can and will come in and take what you have and make you go to those refugee camps.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
That is scary. :/ It makes me wonder if they know something we don't. Thanks for sharing.

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doesn't this sort of thing happen in most countries when they are at war? In the civil war, farms and stores were confiscated with the promise that the owners would be compensated eventually, but our family's personal experience showed differently.
Another thought: If the prez has the authority to confiscate fuel, and the precipitating circumstances are ambiguous, what is stopping him from confiscating all the oil/gas produced in the US, and redistributing it? Reportedly, we produce more than we consume, so wouldn't that help solve our energy crisis? (of course, this is a "rest of the world be damned" attitude, but that is nothing new. India has stopped exporting cotton because it is better for their country's economy to do so)
One more thought: I personally am not prepping in order to be one of the survivors after a nation-crushing disaster. I am prepping to be able to comfortably survive temporary power outtages, ice storms, tornadoes, earthquakes, lapses in income, vehicle problems, etc. Not that this newest squashing of our civil rights doesn't worry me; it does. These are scarey times we live in.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

It is interesting to note that the article mentioned did NOT point out, but a bit more research shows (including checking on whitehouse.gov) that one important modification (this is a renewal of a previous E.O. with modifications ) is wording change, stating that all these things may be implimented during a National Emergency, OR PEACETIME. Talk about scary!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I don't know why they are like this. I just smell trouble within the next few years, time shall tell. :/

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Thanks for the heads up.

It is interesting to note that the article mentioned did NOT point out, but a bit more research shows (including checking on whitehouse.gov) that one important modification (this is a renewal of a previous E.O. with modifications ) is wording change, stating that all these things may be implimented during a National Emergency, OR PEACETIME. Talk about scary!
That's is what bothers me. I don't mind helping people out during emergencies but not "just because" someone else decides I need to. I help those I can who try to help themselves and not just sitting around doing nothing.

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please don't worry too much about this. Just about every POTUS since the late 1800s has had this tool is his bag of tricks. Don't get me wrong, I hate Obama and his band of thugs with every fiber in my body but he's just doing what presidents do with this thing.

Edit: I wish I still could type. It takes me forever to write this stuff.